Caribbean question

Help please considering the Caribbean for February and I notice that there are 3 itineries to choice from. Now never having done a Caribbean cruise before I do not have a clue also do you think its too far to do a weeks cruise. Can you advise the best itinery to go for so I can get on with watching prices because they are certainly a little on the high side at the moment.

Thanks all

Shirley x

Help please considering the Caribbean for February and I notice that there are 3 itineries to choice from. Now never having done a Caribbean cruise before I do not have a clue also do you think its too far to do a weeks cruise. Can you advise the best itinery to go for so I can get on with watching prices because they are certainly a little on the high side at the moment.

Thanks all

Shirley x

hi shirley having done all three the one i like is tropical treasure,s st martin tortola ect try cruise and stay barbados butter fly beach a little xtra well worth it there are some loverly photo,s on some other thread,s we are doing a b c island,s in march i hope this help,s have a loverly cruise howard

am also tracking a cruise on dream in feb

personally I am trying to avoid the latin gems...as there is an extra sea day.....but it is a little cheaper than the other two

my personal preference would also be tropical treasures includes st vincent/dominica/antigua (all lovely unspoilt caribbean islands)

if you prefer more glitzy resorts then I'd go for latin gems with aruba & curacau

We're going for one week only in March for several reasons, but it doesn't matter we have been to Mexico for a week too and that was ok, did some lovely all day excursions and some short ones too in between the beach/shops...think it's better than not at all :)

Have chosen Tropical Treasures 23/3.

Hi Shirley,

If you haven't been before, obviously it will all be new to you :D As geomagot says two days at sea on Latin Gems, but the ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao) are all great (Dutch islands) also Grenada ( the spice island) is good:) The other two itineraries - well either is good. Loved St Vincent and that is on both itineraries, fabulous shopping in St Kitts :) St Lucia is gorgeous (got some very nice shoes there :D) Antigua (Nelson's dockyard is wonderful) Dominica - rain forest. Oh it is all great :)

I know it is a bit expensive, but I would say it is a long way to go for one week, and if you like the Caribbean, and want to go back, it is cheaper than going for two separate weeks :)

The ABC are a lot of fun, especially the trips you can do in Curacao - I recommend Irie tours there. In Antigua it is a little rat run trying to get past the taxis so plan ahead on a trip there but the beaches are beautiful and we had a great joint tour - 10 of us got together and saw Nelsons dockyard.

Archived