Ouch!

laedw

Just checked solo prices for an ocean view balcony cabin on Allure's March 2015 Eastern Caribbean sailing and the price is $4,000+!:eek: Seriously? There are also no balcony guarantee cabins. Hope the price comes down before final payment.

Just checked solo prices for an ocean view balcony cabin on Allure's March 2015 Eastern Caribbean sailing and the price is $4,000+!:eek: Seriously? There are also no balcony guarantee cabins. Hope the price comes down before final payment.

Yes, they are serious. RCI is the least friendly with solos vs Carnival and NCL. RCI prices aren't too bad for bookings with in 30 days of sailing or off season for inside/outside. But if you are looking for peak season balcony as you are - forget it. Both Oasis and Allure have been commanding top $$$. Good for RCI, but not good for passengers. Keep checking back; you might find a decent rate at some point.

I would pick one of the ports on that itinerary and find a nice resort to spend a week on an island vacay for a 1/3 of the cost of that balcony.

Your booking during Spring Break, if possible look at different dates, you should be able to get a superior ocean view solo for $2600-3000 depending on the time of year.

I have friends going on the 11/2/14 sailing of the Allure and have been tracking the solo price. Went from a high of $2500 to around $1844. I am lucky as I can leave at the last minute so I am hoping that it drops below $1300. Final payment is due in the middle of August so I am keeping my fingers crossed that after that the prices start to come down. If they don't I might just do a solo cruise from Galveston last minute as I saw some for around $1000. Probably would be lower if I wait 30 days to book it.

Your booking during Spring Break, if possible look at different dates, you should be able to get a superior ocean view solo for $2600-3000 depending on the time of year.

I'm booked on the Allure and was able to take advantage of the BOGOHO promotion on the first day it was offered. My cost is less than $2000 for a superior ocean view balcony with my C&A discount and the price reduction with the BOGOHO.

I am annoryed with RCL as well. Lol.... My very first solo cruise was with RCL in 2011, a nd it seemed so much more reasonable. I am trying to go on the Sernade out of NOLA for the 2/7 sailing and the price is $1400 for an inside. I had seen during the WOW sale in June for around a $1000 and I should have booked.

Does anyone know when the next WOW sale or the timing of their other big sales?