Orlando hotel/car rental help please?

Mapomp

I'm hoping I can get some suggestions on how to proceed. We're planning on flying the day before our cruise (out of FLL) to Orlando, because it's a non-stop flight. Our plan is to spend the night in Orlando close to the airport, then early the next morning rent a car and drive to FLL. Then when we finish the cruise we will rent a car and drive back for a late flight back (departs around 4:30). So I would like to know: a) a good hotel close to the airport, b)the closest car rental to the port (I figure they'll all be by the airport) and c) are we nuts for thinking of doing it? Thanks!

So I would like to know: a) a good hotel close to the airport, b)the closest car rental to the port (I figure they'll all be by the airport) and c) are we nuts for thinking of doing it? Thanks!

a) You have many good choices here http://*******/maps/u117L In addition, there is the Hyatt Regency INSIDE the airport (A on your map).

b) Most of the majors are located in Cape Canaveral and provide free shuttles to the port.

c) Not at all. It's done all the time.

Re: The link I posted. For some reason it's not printing. Just go to Google Maps and type in MCO hotels.

Edited by Orlando Vic

I'm hoping I can get some suggestions on how to proceed. We're planning on flying the day before our cruise (out of FLL) to Orlando, because it's a non-stop flight. Our plan is to spend the night in Orlando close to the airport, then early the next morning rent a car and drive to FLL. Then when we finish the cruise we will rent a car and drive back for a late flight back (departs around 4:30). So I would like to know: a) a good hotel close to the airport, b)the closest car rental to the port (I figure they'll all be by the airport) and c) are we nuts for thinking of doing it? Thanks!

If you are not arriving too late, consider doing the rental car thing, but staying in Cocoa Beach. Nice, reasonably priced places to stay there, and some interesting places to eat also.

Cruising from Port Everglades? It is about a 3.5+ hour drive from MCO.

Sounds like you plan to rent the car in the AM, drive to FLL, drop the car and cruise that day. Since the rentals are on a 24 hour period, you could rent the car when you arrive at MCO and skip the shuttle ride back to the airport just to pick up the car.

Lots of hotels near MCO to choose from - my mom swears by the Best Western. but there are many to choose from. this web site might help: http://www.airporthotelsorlando.com/

I don't think you are nuts to save $$ on a direct flight - others have driven from Tampa or Jax to Miami for a cruise. Good luck!