Oceania Ports

TravelBrady

I see that this is your very first Post.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :D

The information that you seek is Port rather than Cruise specific, so the best place to find it will be by looking up those cities here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Getting there, really is half the fun-

Enjoy every minute of the search!

I am traveling on an Oceania Cruise line, stopping in Mallorca, Sete, Portofino, Monaco, Cinque de Terra, and Florence. What are some of the better tour guides in those places?

You may be on the same cruise as our next, Oct. 26, Riviera, same ports. If you are, see this Roll Call to meet your fellow cruisers.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2303344

We are on this cruise too. We haven't booked any tour guides - we will probably explore on our own. I ahve bad knees and might find it hard to keep up with an organised group, also we jjust prefer doing our own thing when possible. In Palma, Mallorca we will probably use the hop on, hop off (HOHO) bus, taking in the cathedral among other sights. In Sete, we will go for a wander around the town and maybe take a bus or taxi up the hill where there is a little fisherman's chapel. At Monaco, there is a HOHO bus that stops at all the places of interest. At Portofino, we'll just go for a wander (there are boat trips available). At La Spezia, if the weather is nice, we will walk along the harbour to pick up the coastal ferry that goes to all the Cinque Terre, gorgeous picturesque villages that are best accessed from the sea (I've done them before from another town in Italy) - you can't fit all of them in but can visit two or three and it's a lovely ride. Not expensive if you DIY. At Livorno, we're probably going to take the tuscanybus to Pisa to revisit the Leaning Tower. Florence is a fair way away and we are spending extra time with a rental car in Italy after the cruise so we've booked two nights there. Then we get off at Civitavecchia and, having spent 3 days in Rome two years ago, we are going to head for Spoleto and Assissi before going to Florence, then we're staying with an Italian friend for a night before flying back to London from Pisa airport. We are Europeans and can get to these countries relatively easily, so we don't feel the need to have action-packed days and as we'll have spent a couple of days in Barcelona before boarding Riviera, we'll be happy to spend a fair amount of time relaxing on board. But I can well understand that those of you coming from a long way away do want to see as much as possible and maybe guided tours are the answer for you. Enjoy yourselves whatever you decide to do and maybe we'll get together on board.