Fun excursions for young children??

SunnyB5

There isn't an excursion that will take you to all these places but some are close enough to walk. These are the places I think children that age would most likely enjoy.

The Key West Aquarium at the waterfront near Mallory Square

The Butterfly Conservatory at the end of Duval

THe Eco-Discovery Museum near Fort Zacahary Taylor State Park. This museum attraction is free. It used to be closed on Mondays. Be sure to check first.

The Key West Light House and Keeper's House

The Historic Schooner Wharf Pier--also free. You can walk along this wharf area and see many kinds of vessels, fishing boats, private yachts and some schooners. Several popular restaurants line this wharf area also.

Perhaps one of the glass-bottomed boats might be fun for the kids also.

Edited by Gangway Style

Peter, that tour sounds like fun. I didn't know about it, but now Hubby and I will do it when we visit the keys this summer. Thanks for the link.

Do you remember the Historic Island Cruise that used to happen two or three times a day about ten years ago? Hubby and I took that everytime we came to Key West. We were really saddened when that cruise was discontinued. As I recall one of the captains had a nice dog who accompanied us on each cruise.

Peter, that tour sounds like fun. I didn't know about it, but now Hubby and I will do it when we visit the keys this summer. Thanks for the link.

Do you remember the Historic Island Cruise that used to happen two or three times a day about ten years ago? Hubby and I took that everytime we came to Key West. We were really saddened when that cruise was discontinued. As I recall one of the captains had a nice dog who accompanied us on each cruise.

No, I don't recall that but is it possible it was associated with the old Sunny Days company? They had that other boat that went out to the Tortugas as well as a number of nice snorkeling trips. I used to go out on the Caribbean Spirit every trip to Key West.

Pjk