Carnival Cruise Line Oatmeal

Red Leo

Hi Fellow Cruisers,

A few weeks ago I was on my first Western Caribbean cruise sailing with Carnival which was a blast and would sail with again with them.

With that aside, i'm a huge breakfast fanatic and one of my all time favorite breakfast foods is oatmeal. I saw Carnival serving it all over the ship, whether it be breakfast or brunch in the dining room or in the buffet area. So being that I like oatmeal so much I tried it and it was some of the best I ever had. Anyway with that said i've been trying to find a recipe online for it but have had trouble finding it. The only thing I know on how its prepared is that it's kept in what looks to be a black cast iron pot (at least in the buffet area). and that they "might" use steel cut oats, but not sure. I also thought that they might use a slow cooker but not sure about that either.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I know some cruise lines post some of their recipes online but haven't found one on oatmeal.

Here are some pics of what the oatmeal looks like-

https://milesforacure.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/cruise-jen-018.jpg

http://images45.fotki.com/v1636/photos/2/1701712/9702533/CarnivalLiberty2011015-vi.jpg

I would also be curious to know if other cruise lines' oatmeal looks and is made the same.

I look forward to everyones feedback!

Thanks