Calco Jack's - How is it for a family?

aroy11462

I am thinking visiting Calico Jack's when we are in Grand Cayman on November 22nd. There are four cruise ships in port that day. It is my wife and I, our 12 year old daughter, and my 72 year old mom. Just want to make sure it is not place where there is a crazy party atmosphere. A festive atmosphere works for us, but nothing too over the top. We want to be someplace where we can rent lounge chairs and purchase decent food. Any thoughts and suggestions for our situation would be appreciated. I was also looking at Royal Palms and Tiki Beach.

Edited by aroy11462
forgot something

IMO, Calico Jacks will be your best compromise spot. It's got good facilities and there's plenty of space to spread out and move away from anyone who's being a bit too festive for your liking.

Without a kid, my fav would be Royal Palms, but with a kid their adults-only pool can be an issue.

I tend to avoid Tiki Beach. Too many cruise ship excursions and I don't like their beach and facilities as much as other spots.

I am thinking visiting Calico Jack's when we are in Grand Cayman on November 22nd. There are four cruise ships in port that day. It is my wife and I, our 12 year old daughter, and my 72 year old mom. Just want to make sure it is not place where there is a crazy party atmosphere. A festive atmosphere works for us, but nothing too over the top. We want to be someplace where we can rent lounge chairs and purchase decent food. Any thoughts and suggestions for our situation would be appreciated. I was also looking at Royal Palms and Tiki Beach.

Calico Jack's sounds like the perfect place for your family. That is our go to beach when visiting GC on a family cruise and my parents are a similar age to your parents and really enjoy it.

Also, Calico's has food, but Seymour's Jerk Chicken sets up a food cart at that stretch of beach right next to Calico's ( Seagrapes Public Beach) and his jerk chicken is amazing!