Cape Liberty area New Years Day

cardamon

We will be driving to Bayonne New Years Day in preparation for our Anthem cruise 1/2/2017. We are staying at the Ramada Inn and would like advise on a nice restaurant for dinner that night. Any suggestions? Is does not have to be fancy, just good food, craft beer, and not a chain unless it comes highly recommended! Thank you!

We will be driving to Bayonne New Years Day in preparation for our Anthem cruise 1/2/2017. We are staying at the Ramada Inn and would like advise on a nice restaurant for dinner that night. Any suggestions? Is does not have to be fancy, just good food, craft beer, and not a chain unless it comes highly recommended! Thank you!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g46671-Newark_New_Jersey.html

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Craft+Beer&find_loc=Newark%2C+NJ

The Ironbound Section of Newark is known for its Spanish and Portuguese restaurants.

However, it is downtown Newark, so be sure you have a GPS and the restaurant address as well as the hotel address. Not an area to get lost in and on site parking would be a big plus.

I recommend Krugs Tavern. Burgers are great and it has been rated as the best burger in NJ. They also have a decent beer selection. If you go to the Brazilian restaurants, Sangria will be the liquor of choice. I've been to Fernandes, Brazilia grill, Boi na prasa, and Adega in Newark. I've also been to Solar Do Minho in Belleville, NJ(First town North of Newark). My favorite is Solar Do Minho. Dinosaur BBQ is by the Prudential Center. It's a small chain that serves American style BBQ. It's good but pricey. If you're interested in pizza, there's a place called Santillo's in Elizabeth. You can't sit there, but if you were looking to just get something quick and hang out at the hotel, that is a good option. Also, check with each restaurant to see if they are open on New Years Day.