Antigua with 1 year old and 3 year old

JordanLovesCruisin

Hi there! Going to Antigua in March and curious if anyone could recommend a beach that would be good for two little ones. Something with some shade or where we can rent an umbrella to keep my fair little boy out of the sun from time to time?

If not beach, then any other activity.

Thanks!

Hi there! Going to Antigua in March and curious if anyone could recommend a beach that would be good for two little ones. Something with some shade or where we can rent an umbrella to keep my fair little boy out of the sun from time to time?

Thanks!

If you wish to take Lunch/Drinks.

The best two places for your consideration are JACQUI O's and CECILIA'S look nowhere else, as every decent "quiet" beach will attract the cruise herds, and cease to be so.

Both are upmarket shabby chic class with excellent service, food, drinks, facilities and are "well away" from the Cruise Herds, no matter how many ships are in port. JO's and C''s are NOT "grab a bed and a umbrella" places.

JO is closed on a Monday and is closest to the Port.

Cecilia's has a lower price point and slightly further away

Book your visit in advance.

Whoever you select there will be no disappointment.

JACQUI O's - https://www.facebook.com/

CECILIA'S - http://highpointantigua.com/

Have a word with both, because Lance and Cecilia have arranged what you wish for well known models on photo-shoots for noted fashion magazines and catalogues. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks!

I'm looking for options as well - we're also travelling with our 3 year old. We've been to Antigua several times, but have not left St John's since cruising with the boy. It's far more difficult as I will not take him in a taxi without a carseat (and I'm not dragging a carseat to the beach) and I inquired about public transportation but if I understood correctly, there are no buses - public transport is in vans, so that's no better than a cab. We may end up doing a ship's excursion just so we can be sure we will be in a larger bus.

I'm looking for options as well - we're also travelling with our 3 year old. We've been to Antigua several times, but have not left St John's since cruising with the boy. It's far more difficult as I will not take him in a taxi without a carseat (and I'm not dragging a carseat to the beach) and I inquired about public transportation but if I understood correctly, there are no buses - public transport is in vans, so that's no better than a cab. We may end up doing a ship's excursion just so we can be sure we will be in a larger bus.

If just a taxi or tour, have used without any complaints - reliable, excellent and kind. Think they have car seats. Drop them an Email

https://www.facebook.com/rogertaxitoursantigua/