Newbie family of 4

vadsras

Booking our cruise end of week for 3nights from U.K. to New York then 11 nights on Anthem of the Seas. I know it's a bit late but circumstances have made it impossible to book before now. This is going to be a really silly question but as it's our first cruise please bare with us. Do you need a credit card on board? I have a Visa card that is linked to my bank account only and I am worried this won't be acceptable. Our girls are 10 and 5 are they going to be fine on board? And lastly what to pack? Thanks in advance, and hope to meet some of you soon x

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For Anthem, you are not required to have a credit card. You can opt for a cash account, and RC will allow you to charge up to $500 before they ask you to pay it down. On the last night of the cruise, you are expected to pay any remaining balance and close the account.

Booking our cruise end of week for 3nights from U.K. to New York then 11 nights on Anthem of the Seas. I know it's a bit late but circumstances have made it impossible to book before now. This is going to be a really silly question but as it's our first cruise please bare with us. Do you need a credit card on board? I have a Visa card that is linked to my bank account only and I am worried this won't be acceptable. Our girls are 10 and 5 are they going to be fine on board? And lastly what to pack? Thanks in advance, and hope to meet some of you soon x

As far as what to pack...I'd suggest googling that question on youtube. There are a surprising amount of pretty helpful videos out there. I did this five years ago prior to OUR first cruise, and I imagine the content is only better now. I am more of a visual learner when it comes to things like this though.

I was also wondering how a ship does a crossing in 3 nights. Don't think it's possible.

OP, with regards to your children, IMHO, they are too young to wander around the ship on their own. Anthem is a HUGE ship, almost like a small city. Adults get lost on those huge ships, so certainly young kids can get lost.

Sorry for the confusion about uk to new york part of journey, we are flying to New York and cruising from there. Don't know why I even mentioned it. Thanks for all the info, greatly appreciated x