We reserved excursions. Any opinions??

stillfrantic

BTW, I am now Still Frantic, as alwaysfrantic was no longer recognized....new board glitches, I suppose. Anyway, these are the trips we signed up for, but we're still in the no penality cancellation of excursions if anyone has any negative experiences to report.

In Key West, we are doing the Catamaran Sail and Snorkel. Cozumel offered the Mayan Ruins Horseback Ride, and in Grand Cayman, the SNUBA Adventure. I hope to also do the stingrays on our own during the afternoon in Grand Cayman.

So let me have it, the good, the bad and the ugly.

The horse in Cozumel are in sad :( shape, they are not well taken care of. One thing you can do is try the Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel, [b]IT IS A MUST DO [/b], you actually get in the water and do things with the dolphins. If the ship does not offer this excursion than by all means check out the website where you could sign up yourself. We did this in January and doing it again in November. It is expensive but it is a once in a lifetime thing for most people and it is well worth every dime.....

Debi

SNUBA is something that seems interesting to me. I've never tried it as I scuba dive. But it seems to be a way to see more than snorkeling without having to learn to dive. I can't remember specifics, but I heard from someone else to avoid the Cozumel horseback ride.

As far as stingrays, I was reading elsewhere that if you book through the ship it is [b]extrememly [/b]crowded. But if you book privately there are much fewer people.

Orcrone - Your right about the excursion regarding the Stingray City, do it on your own..... Also, I am a Divemaster and did try the SNUBA for fun but if you are a diver there is still nothing like straping that tank to your back and go any where you want....

Here is the website for the Dolphin Discovery if anyone is interested:

[url]http://www.dolphindiscovery.com/cozumel.asp[/url]

Debi

Archived