Considering British Isles June 09 How Rough Are the Seas?

lizstas

We've sailed the Caribbean including Eastern, Western, and Southern --we've also sailed the Hawaii and Alaskan Itineraries. We want to book the British Isles June 2009 sailing on the Jewel but are concerned about the seas. How tolerable are the waters? We would very much appreciate anyone's feedback on their experiences.

I'm not a really good sailor, but I take along my meds and I'm fine. We had three newbies with us and two of them had a tender stomach the first day, but then were fine. We missed our first port due to rough weather and it was never what I would consider smooth sailing, certainly not like some of the seas I've seen in Mexico or Hawai'i. However, not as bad as the South China Sea or Tasman. Don't let the seas keep you from an incredible trip.

I would just take along a seasickness remedy that you trust and enjoy the cruise. It was wonderful way to see that part of the world and it allowed us the chance to pick the spots we want to return to - definitely Wales, Scotland and the Orkneys.

Charlie

Archived