Redentore festive Venice

heatherbelle

I am wondering if anyone has been in Venice whilst this was on. I am looking at the Celebrity cruise for next July, however I am also wondering just how busy Venice will be. We were there last year a week after the festival and it was busy then.

If anyone has been can they also suggest where to watch the fireworks?

We were on the Redentore cruise on Equinox in 2013. It was very busy during during days. In the Saturday evening there are enormous crowds and the whole waterfront is solid with people.

The fireworks are the best I have ever seen.
It is. possible to see the fireworks from the ship if still docked in the normal place. But who knows in 2015.

We returned to the waterfront and had a wonderful night. With so many people you just have to be patient.

The Vaporetto Dell'Arte supplement is worth takung for daytime as the ACTV boats are very busy. Edited by helpthejuggler

I've been there twice for the Redentore and you can see the fireworks really from anywhere in the city. The closer you can get to St. Mark's Square the better because they shoot them off in the harbor there in front of the Square. I'm sure you will even be able to see them from the ship. It's really festive and a great time to be in Venice IMO.