Dream

Just back on Saturday from a week on the Dream although our luggage appears to still be on holiday somewhere! Palma airport was a nightmare. Conveyor belts broken down and no air conditioning. We had to queue for three hours to get our luggage through then delayed over an hour on the plane because paperwork not right. Eventually got to Glasgow and low and behold cases have gone elsewhere. Anyway had a fab weeks holiday. Weather was a bit too hot mind you although folk onboard told us they had sailed through a gale the week before and lots of people were seasick. Did notice much more supplements on the AI drinks menu. I'm sure the Bombay gin and a few other premium brands were free last year. The crew were amazing as usual and we didn't feel we had to wait for drinks. We ate in the Grill one night and the MDR for the remainder of the week. The waiters don't appear to sing as much, other than birthday wishes and the Baked Alaska number, which we found disappointing. We always enjoy the cabaret during dinner. The food was lovely and we did not have to wait long between courses. We had a letter under the door informing us that there had been some sickness onboard and that the food would be served by waiters in the buffet restaurant. The jacuzis were shut down as well. We were fine though and did not hear anyone complaining. Just a note to any bingo fans they are pulling a fast one this year by printing in the cruise news that the jackpot will be won on the second last night and not the last night. Of course the lounge was full of people who were then told that there had been a typing error. They did offer people their money back if they wanted, but of course nobody bothered to take them up on the offer. On the was back home we met folk who had been onboard the week before and they had played the same trick!

Bit sneaky that. We stayed in a Grand Suite and although it was lovely it is beginning to show a bit of wear and tear and could do with a spruce up. All in all another lovely cruise.

Just back on Saturday from a week on the Dream although our luggage appears to still be on holiday somewhere! Palma airport was a nightmare. Conveyor belts broken down and no air conditioning. We had to queue for three hours to get our luggage through then delayed over an hour on the plane because paperwork not right. Eventually got to Glasgow and low and behold cases have gone elsewhere. Anyway had a fab weeks holiday. Weather was a bit too hot mind you although folk onboard told us they had sailed through a gale the week before and lots of people were seasick. Did notice much more supplements on the AI drinks menu. I'm sure the Bombay gin and a few other premium brands were free last year. The crew were amazing as usual and we didn't feel we had to wait for drinks. We ate in the Grill one night and the MDR for the remainder of the week. The waiters don't appear to sing as much, other than birthday wishes and the Baked Alaska number, which we found disappointing. We always enjoy the cabaret during dinner. The food was lovely and we did not have to wait long between courses. We had a letter under the door informing us that there had been some sickness onboard and that the food would be served by waiters in the buffet restaurant. The jacuzis were shut down as well. We were fine though and did not hear anyone complaining. Just a note to any bingo fans they are pulling a fast one this year by printing in the cruise news that the jackpot will be won on the second last night and not the last night. Of course the lounge was full of people who were then told that there had been a typing error. They did offer people their money back if they wanted, but of course nobody bothered to take them up on the offer. On the was back home we met folk who had been onboard the week before and they had played the same trick!

Bit sneaky that. We stayed in a Grand Suite and although it was lovely it is beginning to show a bit of wear and tear and could do with a spruce up. All in all another lovely cruise.

That's too bad about your luggage. We also left Dream on Saturday and had no problems at the airport (10am departure).

We always ate in the MDR so didn't notice the extra precautions for norovirus. It's good that they kept in under control.

We had a lovely time - two outside plus cabins on deck 7.

Interesting, we sailed on 31st May and had the same letter about norovirus the previous week and extra precautions in the buffet - I was convinced we were going to get ill but am pleased to say all was fine even though we ate in the buffet restaurants all week (had a 17 month with us). If it is true about the norovirus then hats off to the crew for preventing the spread but i'm even less likely to think it was true now!

I see you've been on Majesty, how did the Dream

Compare?

I see you've been on Majesty, how did the Dream

Compare?

I loved both ships.

On Majesty, we had a Junior Suite and Outside Plus, but on Dream we could not book a suite so had two outside plus cabins. However, they were both great - better than Majesty's Outside Plus, and only slightly smaller than the Junior Suite. The small downside was that we did not get our glad rags pressed on formal night. A suite also gives you a courtesy cabin on the last day but as we had to leave the ship at 7.30am, this was not an issue.

Dream is bigger than Majesty and I never quite became fluent with my fores and afts. From our cabin, the main pool and Sirens was slightly tricky to get to, so we tended to hang out in the Lido area and the Promenade Deck (7). I liked that most of the activities were on the one deck on Dream (6). We always ate in the MDR on both ships. I liked that on Majesty, they gave a suggested menu for supper - you had to choose for yourself on Dream (first world problem, eh?)

We had a real routine going on Majesty with pre-dinner drinks, supper, quiz, show, piano bar that we never quite mastered on Dream. They cheesy quiz came after the show which seemed wrong.

Majesty wins on destinations. They have two iconic cities - Venice and Dubrovnik, compared to only Barcelona for Dream. Saying that, we enjoyed all of our ports, being quite content to find a nice beach wherever we were.

Shame about your luggage but on the bright side better go missing on rtn than on outward Bombay gin was on drinks package last year We were on 31 may and had a great time food good, staff excellent and the white lady still going strong

Good idea, never thought to ask for a song. No sign of cases yet, hubby says we are off to Harris next year! He forgets we are off to Mallorca again next month with the family. Fingers crossed no dramas this time. Just a footnote to my previous post, the dog was fine don't think he noticed us gone he was spoiled so much!

Hi BiffyBear.

Thanks for the report.

Pleased that you had a good time, hope the luggage turns up soon.

Did you notice if Manny (waiter in Orion) Kurt (wine waiter in Orion) or Daniel (Maitre'D in Orion at night and Lido during day) were on-board?

Sounds like your Dog had a good holiday as well. :)

Does Kurt wear glasses? If so I think he was onboard. So far no sign of cases, all the numbers we were given are just ringing out. Dog says serves us right for leaving him behind!
Sorry to hear about your cases biffybear. They lost one of ours once,but it turned up the next day. Just as well as it was full of dirty washing and would have started to pong!

Was it just your cases or the whole plane load?

Does Kurt wear glasses? If so I think he was onboard. So far no sign of cases, all the numbers we were given are just ringing out. Dog says serves us right for leaving him behind!

He didn't 18 months ago.

He is very tall and slim, and DW assures me is very handsome.

Not all of the plane, but I would say about 40 odd people. Called this morning but still no sign. Raiding the wardrobe to see what summer togs we have left, most of my sandals, cropped trousers and tops and still galavanting around Europe somewhere not to mention make-up, straighteners, perfume (all necessities I'm sure all the ladies on here will agree!). Anyway I am trying to keep calm and collected but the nerves (and the hair) are getting a bit frazzled.

Not all of the plane, but I would say about 40 odd people. Called this morning but still no sign. Raiding the wardrobe to see what summer togs we have left, most of my sandals, cropped trousers and tops and still galavanting around Europe somewhere not to mention make-up, straighteners, perfume (all necessities I'm sure all the ladies on here will agree!). Anyway I am trying to keep calm and collected but the nerves (and the hair) are getting a bit frazzled.

Did you get any contact details for any of the other people that had their cases go missing ? I would check with them and see if they have heard anything. They should be able to trace them - particularly so many.

Very disappointing end to the cruise for you.

Never thought to take names of other passengers. The man I spoke to this morning gave me a reference number and said to call every day. He said he was inundated with suitcases so hopefully it should just be a matter of time.

We stayed in a Grand Suite and although it was lovely it is beginning to show a bit of wear and tear and could do with a spruce up. All in all another lovely cruise.

Hi Biffybear, Was the Grand Suite one of those 6 at the top of the ship with balconies? A steward let me have a look around one that was being serviced for new passengers while we were waiting to disembark in January. It looked very nice. However, is there a lot of movement up there? Any minuses? They're so very expensive. However Thomson cruises seem very expensive, even in lower grade cabins.

PS. I do hope you're reunited with your luggage very soon.

Edited by Wacktle
Add a PS

This says a lot about airport security doesn't it? While we are being patted down and made to take off our shoes, suitcases are flying around the world unaccompanied :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I wonder just how many suitcases they are trying to find then!

Luckily I don't need hair straighteners :) but would be cross about being short of clothes :mad:

Hope you get them back soon, and then the washing will begin :(:(

We were in cabin 1104 which is one of the middle suites and has a window and doors to the balcony. We had been in the end one before which only has the doors. Cabin 1104 was a lot brighter obviously due to the window although the balcony felt smaller so I suppose its swings and roundabouts. They are very comfortable and have a lovely jacuzi bath (which I took full use of). The separate bedroom is a great feature as I am a bit of a late bird while my other half has trouble keeping his eyes open after 11pm. I didn't notice any movement apart from one night and even then it just helped rock me to sleep, although from what I heard is was awful the week before.

Hi Linda

Yippee cases arrived last night. Had to go over to the airport to pick them up as the carrier could not deliver them until Monday. Washing machine finished two loads and drying nicely in the sun. Off out for meal and quiz night with the girls so thankfully don't have to raid the wardrobe for summer gladrags.

A friend of mine just got back from the same cruise. He arrived at Bristol Airport but his suitcase did not. He got it back yesterday. It had gone to Stockholm instead and made its way back to him via Hamburg. Five other people on the Bristol flight also lost suitcases.