Nutmeg Ice Cream

pbrady

Several years ago we bought nutmeg ice cream cones not far from the dock. They were incredible! We were back in February 2012 and asked several people if they knew where we could find it but the only thing we got was a strange look. If any one knows where we can find nutmeg ice cream - for our next stop (Feb 2013), please let me know.

Thanks & Happy Crusing!

I was there for a week, and they regularly had it at the buffet restaurant that's upstairs of the supermarket near the dock. I'll have to look through my pictures for the name of the restaurant, though. There were several throughout Grenada. It may have been Creole Kitchen, but don't bank on that!

We were there this past February & took a tour. We asked the guide - he looked as us as though we were crazy. He said he never heard of it. Could you please tell me what direction to go to find the supermarket?

Thanks!!

No guide can know everything, so I'm not surprised he/she didn't know. I don't think it's promoted, but probably should be.

The grocery store is to your right as you exit the cruise terminal. When we were there, there were a lot of vendors selling fake DVDs outside. Let me see if I can find the photo...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Went to the Carenage (within easy walking distance of the ship terminal), but did not see the Creole Shack. We had gotten side-tracked, with several Grenada locals trying to help us find nutmeg ice cream (at places other than the Creole Shack), but all turned out to be dead ends. Found out later that the Creole Shack has a location on the Carenage and we probably walked right past it!

FYI. Ask at the information desk in the terminal and they will give you a map and tell you how to walk to the Carenage, which is a gorgeous bay / marina and should not be missed. They will tell you how to walk through a tunnel, which is the quickest way. It may not be for the faint of heart, but it really is not too bad. There is a lot of traffic coming at you and you also have people coming toward you, so you need to take care when passing other people. But the walk thru the tunnel is fairly short. Just watch the locals. FYI. It's much easier on your way back to the ship, as the traffic is coming from behind you (which means you have the right to stay next to the wall and the people walking in the other direction must walk around you, as they are facing the traffic). Hope that all makes sense.

• 1 year later...