Day at st thomas

ali_capurro

Hy, my husband and I will get to st thomas en the allure of the seas this August, this day is ours 15 year weeding aniversary. We have been there once and went to Magen's Bay, it was beautiful but a little crowded, so now I am looking for doing something extra especial on that day, we would like to relax at the beach for 2-3 hours and then go for a walk and see the city. Which beach you recommend me? Or beach club or beach break? I was looking at secret sand beach :hearteyes:

There's a excursion offer by royal Caribbean to that beach, is ti worth it?

I am looking for the prettiest beach in st thomas and it would be perfect if there's a place to by some drinks,

ThanKs, I am waiting to read you :D

Your ship docks in Crown Bay and the closest beach is Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald beach) and is a nice beach. Short taxi ride, and you can rent lounges and umbrellas at the Emerald beach Resort and have lunch there or at the Island Beachcomber. There are 2 ships in port on Wed Aug 9 (both at Crown Bay) and Wed August 30 (1 at Crown, 1 at Havensight).So Lindbergh will probably be a bit crowded those days, especially on the 9th.

The Secret Sands excursion goes to Smith Bay Park, or Lindqvist Beach on the East End, and that is arguably the nicest beach on the island. There are restrooms, but no other amenities as far as I know.

The other nicer beaches that have amenities including food and drinks are also on the East End like Sapphire. All of these beaches are a 25 - 30 minute, $11 - $12pp taxi from Crown.

But if you want to enjoy a beach for a few hours and then go into town Lindbergh is closer and a good option for that reason. Not the "prettiest beach in St Thomas", but a good alternative. Otherwise grab a lunch and drinks at the Gourmet Gallery at the port and head to Lindbergh Bay, or to Sapphire where there is food and drink.

Happy Anniversary!

We love Lindqvist! IMO, it is the prettiest beach on the island. However they do not have food or drinks. Like Blue Water said, you would need to pick those up at the port. Last time we cruised to St. Thomas, we took a collapsible cooler, grabbed some food/drinks and went to Lindqvist for a few hours. It was wonderful. They do not have lounge chair rentals, but the sand is nice, so just throw down a towel. If RC's Secret Beach Break includes drink and a lounge chair, it may be your best option.

>> Otherwise grab a lunch and drinks at the Gourmet Gallery at the port and head to Lindbergh Bay, or to Sapphire where there is food and drink. <<

Sorry for the confusing post ali_cupporo, that should have read "Otherwise grab a lunch and drinks at the Gourmet Gallery at the port and head to Smith Bay Park/LIndqvist Beach (not Lindbergh Bay).

Enjoy your cruise!

:):)

Your ship docks in Crown Bay and the closest beach is Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald beach) and is a nice beach. Short taxi ride, and you can rent lounges and umbrellas at the Emerald beach Resort and have lunch there or at the Island Beachcomber. There are 2 ships in port on Wed Aug 9 (both at Crown Bay) and Wed August 30 (1 at Crown, 1 at Havensight).So Lindbergh will probably be a bit crowded those days, especially on the 9th.

The Secret Sands excursion goes to Smith Bay Park, or Lindqvist Beach on the East End, and that is arguably the nicest beach on the island. There are restrooms, but no other amenities as far as I know.

The other nicer beaches that have amenities including food and drinks are also on the East End like Sapphire. All of these beaches are a 25 - 30 minute, $11 - $12pp taxi from Crown.

But if you want to enjoy a beach for a few hours and then go into town Lindbergh is closer and a good option for that reason. Not the "prettiest beach in St Thomas", but a good alternative. Otherwise grab a lunch and drinks at the Gourmet Gallery at the port and head to Lindbergh Bay, or to Sapphire where there is food and drink.

Happy Anniversary!

Wow thank you for your recomendations, I will check on esmerald beach too.

>> Otherwise grab a lunch and drinks at the Gourmet Gallery at the port and head to Lindbergh Bay, or to Sapphire where there is food and drink. <<

Sorry for the confusing post ali_cupporo, that should have read "Otherwise grab a lunch and drinks at the Gourmet Gallery at the port and head to Smith Bay Park/LIndqvist Beach (not Lindbergh Bay).

Enjoy your cruise!

As I see on many Linquist Beach photos the ocean seems to be not that clear, am I right? Is there any beach that has it all, perfect ocean and amenities?

Yes, all are very nice beaches depending on what you want (snorkeling, nice island views, amenities, etc).

We want clear calm water, white sand, lounges and drinks 🍹 that's it

And a place where you can relax 100%

The thing in magnes is that you neeed to go to the parking lot to smoke that upsets my husband 😏

And you need to almost yell for a drink that was what we didn't love so much about that beach.

Ali_capuro, you might want to try Bluebeard's Beach Club, a Wyndham timeshare property. They now have a beach bar and restaurant that is welcoming to cruisers (I saw their brochure which says they offer free loungers to day visitors). The restaurant is Lanai. Beautiful, quiet beach for the most part. Very popular for weddings. Not too far from Havensight dock.

:):)

Ali_capuro, you might want to try Bluebeard's Beach Club, a Wyndham timeshare property. They now have a beach bar and restaurant that is welcoming to cruisers (I saw their brochure which says they offer free loungers to day visitors). The restaurant is Lanai. Beautiful, quiet beach for the most part. Very popular for weddings. Not too far from Havensight dock.

ThanK you very much for the info, I am just serching for this place at my laptop.

ThanKs a lot, do you guys have any special recommendation for St Kitts???

ThanKs again

😊