Moorea Before or After Cruise

buelah111

What is everyone's thoughts or opinions on whether it is better to spend a few land night before the cruise or after? We are starting to plan for one of the two Ocean Princess 10 day cruises next February. We'd like to spend three nights at the Hilton in Moorea, but aren't sure wether we should plan for that before or after the cruise. Due to work constraints on dates, that decision will determine whether we take the cruise on the 6th or the 16th. I can definitely see the benefits of spending several relaxing nights at the Hilton snorkeling and snoozing at our leisure as we get over the jetlag associated with traveling in from Florida. However, I don't want to set ourselves up for disappointment when we move from an OWB to the ship (we love cruising, but I realize those two are very different). I also like the idea of ending the trip on the high of staying at the resort. Either way, we'll need to spend the last night in Papeete to catch the early Air France flight back to LAX.

I appreciate your input.

Thanks! Stacy

We've done it both ways. BTW, the Hilton is spectacular. I would try to do it before presuming your flight gets in early enough to get to Moorea without another overnight. On the Air Tahiti Nui flight some get in late in the evening and the one we took the last time got in early in morning. The early arrival allowed for a full day on Moorea without having the overnight in Tahiti on the front end.

BTW, consider Fare Suisse for an inexpensive stay on Tahiti. They provide no charge transport to the pension and then from the pension to the airport or the ferry the next day.

What is everyone's thoughts or opinions on whether it is better to spend a few land night before the cruise or after? We are starting to plan for one of the two Ocean Princess 10 day cruises next February. We'd like to spend three nights at the Hilton in Moorea, but aren't sure wether we should plan for that before or after the cruise. Due to work constraints on dates, that decision will determine whether we take the cruise on the 6th or the 16th. I can definitely see the benefits of spending several relaxing nights at the Hilton snorkeling and snoozing at our leisure as we get over the jetlag associated with traveling in from Florida. However, I don't want to set ourselves up for disappointment when we move from an OWB to the ship (we love cruising, but I realize those two are very different). I also like the idea of ending the trip on the high of staying at the resort. Either way, we'll need to spend the last night in Papeete to catch the early Air France flight back to LAX.

I appreciate your input.

Thanks! Stacy

Stacy I'm sure you will receive good reasons both for pre-cruise or post-cruise land vacations. I will share our reasons for selecting pre-cruise. Since we feel we should always fly in at least the day prior to boarding our ship just in case of weather or flight difficulties we always start if possible with a few days at a "wonderful hotel or B&B" in or near the port of departure. Our upcoming Tahiti cruise aboard the Wind Spirit we will stay at the Hilton on Moorea for 3 nights prior to the cruise. That way we have taken care of getting in at least a day early and not paying money for a short overnight stay at a hotel that we wouldn't really have time to enjoy.

Have a great cruise in Tahiti.

Shirley

If this is your first trip to FP I would recommend to do a pre-cruise stay.

Nothing better than getting a chance to unwind, relax, get on the right time zone ...... all while you get excited thinking of your cruise just ahead.

of course this IMO

I agree with the other posters for the reasons they provide. But if it works out better for you to stay in Moorea post-cruise, that will be fun too. I don't think you could go wrong with either choice. Both of your 10-day Princess cruise options spend the first night in port at Tahiti. So you have an extra 24-hours to make your ship before it leaves, in case of a missed flight.