Transportation from tender port to Inter Continental Moorea

ricki

How can we get to the InterContinental from the tender port in Moorea? Does anyone know if taxis are available and how much they might run!

Thanks!

Ricki

Taxi service is limited when a ship is tendering as there is so much demand and not enough taxis.

Another option would be to contact a shuttle company to PU up and return you. Here are a few choices:

http://www.toreanui.com

http://www.albert-transport.net/p3_gb.asp

Make sure you tell them which ship as there are to places that ships moor/tender to.

Edited by Tikiintahiti

Curious, why just the IC? Does your ship offer an excursion to the hotel?

Taxis are hit or miss. Most are expensive rip offs, almost worth renting a car for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Curious, why just the IC? Does your ship offer an excursion to the hotel?

Taxis are hit or miss. Most are expensive rip offs, almost worth renting a car for the day.

We are travel agents and are checking out the IC for clients. If we did rent a car, how close to the port is it for pick up and drop off?

Thank you!

Ricki

Tiki can tell you better as I have no idea where other than the airport where to rent a car in Papeete. The port is a 15-20 minute drive from the IC, the airport 5-10.

All sorts of different terminology being used.

Are we talking Moorea or Tahiti?

Are we talking tender drop off location or ferry dock location?

I'm assuming you mean the tender drop off location on Moorea. There are 2 locations, one for Cooks Bay next to the Kaveka Hotel and one for Opunohu Bay at Papetoai marina.

There will be car rentals at each location plus across the street from the ferry docks.

Avis Contact: sandrine@avispacificar.pf

• 2 weeks later...

We were just on the PG in Moorea on April 4 and 5 and tendered in Opunohu Bay. We had a car reserved from Avis on the first day. There was a representative from Avis waiting for us; she drove us to the IC, about 5 min. away, where we filled out the paperwork and picked up the car.

How can we get to the InterContinental from the tender port in Moorea? Does anyone know if taxis are available and how much they might run!

Thanks!

Ricki

Timely question! We are just off the Oceania Marina, and spent the day at the IC Moorea. The ship anchored in Opunohu Bay (it, as Tikiintahiti pointed out, could also anchor at Cook's Bay), and delivered passengers by tender to Papetoai marina. We had arranged a day pass, but didn't particularly know how we would get there, so while the DW was patronizing the tables set up by the locals, I spied a young lady offering a free shuttle to Albert's Pearl shop, which, as it turns out, is directly opposite the entrance to the IC Moorea. Not wanting to take advantage, I explained that we were going to the IC, and she replied that they would be happy to shuttle us to the store, just that we at least take a look around the store (it's quite small, and held little of interest to us--my DW quite liked the pearls available at the local tables at the pier). So that's how we got to the IC Moorea.

Be aware, at least when we were there (Sunday, April 6th) that a security guard near the entrance let us in when we said we had day passes arranged (which we did), while they would not let in another couple who enquired whether day passes were available.

We had a great there...Moe at the beach bar will take good care of you.

Late afternoon we took a taxi that was waiting there back to the pier for $15...I asked the driver, an obvious Frenchman, if he was born there, and he said, "No...I've been here 7 years", to which I countered, "So-- how did you end up in French Polynesia?", and he answered in that classic, droll, Gallic fashion, "A woman...". It would only have been more perfect had there been a Gauloise hanging off his lip!