Plans after cruise - Flight at 2:30 a.m.

hartskys

We are not sure what to do after our cruise. Our flight takes off at 2:30 a.m. so we really don't want to have to get a hotel room. Suggestions?

I've got the same dilemma, but I figure that I'll just suck it up and get a room..better then being "homeless" for 16+ hours....

I understand you do not want to get a hotel. why not get a hotel for cheap.you got the Dream hotel or Coral by the sea hotel and then you got Coqui inn they have a pool

For me 16 hours would be way to long to be 'homeless'. I agree with this suggestion and would just book a really cheap hotel to have somewhere to hang my hat.

I can't remember the name of it Barrachina's I think, but there's a restaurant where you can drop your bags then go off & have fun: explore the forts, go to Bacardi, shop, wander etc.

Edited by trish1c

Hi! We were in San Juan post flight for 10+ hours in December.

Here's what we did - we took a taxi from the port to the airport, and rented a car there. Then, we drove to the west coast and stopped at the Arecibo Observatory (largest radio tower in the world and the site of a couple movies!) and toured it. Then we kept going out to the Rincon area and checked out famous surf spots.

Would have loved to have more time - so this could definitely be good for you if you're up for it.

I'm going to write all about it in the review I'm working on right now on another board...the link to my review is below.

Other options could be checking into a hotel, taking a tour, renting a car and going to a different area, etc.

It was a little tiring - but completely worth it to get to check out another area of PR :)

• 2 weeks later...

Renting a car sounds like a good option if you don't want to get a hotel. You could also drive east. If you haven't been to El Yunque, that's about a 45 minute drive. Then you could drive another 20 to 30 min. to do a nighttime bio bay kayaking tour. Be sure to make reservations at least a week ahead of time for that.

I don't think any of the hotels in SJ offer shuttle service. We booked a room at the Borinquin Beach Inn which is just across the road from Charlie Rental Car. Our flight got in at 1am and we needed a cheap, place close to the airport to crash till morning. The room was surprisingly large and the beds were very comfortable. I would stay at this hotel again.

• 2 weeks later...