Deluxe Drink Package-Wine Bottles?

Hi all,

New to Royal Carribean, how does the 40% discount on bottled wines work for the deluxe drink package? Is this on bottles at the bar or dining room? Pay a corkage fee and walk with the bottle? Or is this like buy bottles of wine and they are stored until the end of the cruise like ones you buy in port or in the shops? Just wondering if we can use this for other members in our party to enjoy a glass of wine or two in the room, etc. I know sharing is frowned upon/against the rules, just curious how it works. :) Thanks!

I don't understand why you'd get a drinks package, and then buy bottles of wine afterwards

However, you can buy the bottle in any venue you choose, take it with you wherever you want, share it with whoever you want. No problems.

My husband got the drinks package but I don't drink that much so my sister in law and I are just taking our 2 bottles per room on board to drink in the room or at dinner (I'm almost certain I've read you can take your wine to dinner). Are they already planning to do that?

Sent from my iPhone

Ha, I knew someone would ask why I would buy bottles when I already had the package. I'm trying to avoid buying a second package. I am also not a super heavy drinker, but do like a glass of wine or two with dinner depending on the night. My husband likes mixed drinks, so he could probably get pretty close to breaking even with the drink package. So if we're being honest and not sharing the drink package (which is my goal), I'm asking to see how a bottle discount might help me get a few discounted drinks under my belt or even allow us to share with my parents who will be with us.

And yes, I plan on bringing my two bottles on, but we are on a 12 day cruise.

Hopefully it makes sense what I'm trying to ask. I'm trying to avoid buying two drink packages, and instead use the bottle discount to help us save a little bit. You may have answered my question Swoopy, you can share discounted bottles then?

Edited by sjbubbles

I don't understand why you'd get a drinks package, and then buy bottles of wine afterwards ...

Because not all wines come by the glass, which is what the drink package is limited to. Also, bottles can be shared with others.

We just got off oasis with deluxe drink package and bought a couple of bottles of wine in Vintages to enjoy with dinner. We enjoyed the nicer wine. We paid 60% of bottle price plus the 18% on that. One night we took the bottle to the restaurant and another they delivered it for us (keeping the white chilled)

Once you buy it you can share the bottle if you want. We all had a package

Sent from my VS987 using Forums mobile app

We just got off oasis with deluxe drink package and bought a couple of bottles of wine in Vintages to enjoy with dinner. We enjoyed the nicer wine. We paid 60% of bottle price plus the 18% on that. One night we took the bottle to the restaurant and another they delivered it for us (keeping the white chilled)

Once you buy it you can share the bottle if you want. We all had a package

Sent from my VS987 using Forums mobile app

Ditto. We ran out of white wine for the cabin so I bought a couple of bottles at Vintages also.

Ha, I knew someone would ask why I would buy bottles when I already had the package. I'm trying to avoid buying a second package. I am also not a super heavy drinker, but do like a glass of wine or two with dinner depending on the night. My husband likes mixed drinks, so he could probably get pretty close to breaking even with the drink package. So if we're being honest and not sharing the drink package (which is my goal), I'm asking to see how a bottle discount might help me get a few discounted drinks under my belt or even allow us to share with my parents who will be with us.

And yes, I plan on bringing my two bottles on, but we are on a 12 day cruise.

Hopefully it makes sense what I'm trying to ask. I'm trying to avoid buying two drink packages, and instead use the bottle discount to help us save a little bit. You may have answered my question Swoopy, you can share discounted bottles then?

I never though about that but it makes perfect sense if you mostly drink wine. I can imagine that a drink package on a 12 day cruise is $$$$$$!