Hotel Recommendations for Ft Lauderdale

MILEMRKR63

Thanks for replies in advance.

Can I please get a recommendation for a precruise hotel in Ft Lauderdale. I am sailing on the Miracle on 2/1/08 and wanted a hotel for the night prior to the cruise. I would really like a gay friendly resort. I currently have reservations at Hyatt Pier 66, which I have stayed previously and have enjoyed. I just wanted to change things up a bit.

Once again, thanks again for replies.

My partner & I have stayed at the Elysium Resort in Ft. Lauderdale. It's been a couple of years back, but it was nice, clean, & friendly. It's a gay men only / clothing optional pool - type resort. Not sure if that's what you are looking for or perhaps maybe something more "mainstream," but that's my two-cents worth anyway... We'd stay there again. Have a great cruise!

Stayed there when the Hyatt didn't have my reservataion. LOVED IT. Great breakfast, manager reception, pool etc. Renovated last year. Great bed too! Will be my hotel of choice for Ft Lauderdale cruises from now on. :)

For more of a gay stay, enjoyed Bamboo Garden and Cheston House too.

The GRAND RESORT & SPA (not to be confused with the Fort Lauderdale Grande). Their website is their name "grandresort" and then .net.

I'm a local who has stayed there and recommended it to friends from out-of-town. Very relaxing place, about 1.5 blocks from the beach. 5-10 minute drive-time to Wilton Manors, which is the center of most gay nightlife, if you're interested.

The technicians in the spa are very nice & the overall environment is very relaxing. The main pool at the front of the resort is NOT clothing optional (due to a looming condo tower a block away), but the rear of the property has a large, lush patio for tanning that IS clothing-optional and also includes a 10-man hot tub.

Bon voyage!

Gigglewolf-Of-The-Seas

:p

As silly as this sounds, you might want to check out "Another Gay Sequel" on dvd. I'll leave the movie critique to others (let's just say it has its charms!) but it was filmed entirely on location in Fort Lauderdale. It's sort of a "Where the Boys Are" for modern gay audiences. Scenes were filmed in some of the top gay guesthouses, and some of the owners/hosts even have cameos. Be sure to check out the disc's extras (including film commentary track) for specifics on the accommodations that appear onscreen.

• 3 weeks later...

We spent three days in FLL just prior to a cruise on the Celebrity Solstice in mid December 2008. Four of us stayed at low key and very pleasant New Zealand House - gay men's guest house. Excellent value- very friendly owners/proprietors. If you like more mainstream - suggest you consider NEW Courtyard Marriott on FLL Beach. Make sure you select the correct one - this new property is in a prime location right on the beach. FLL was a blast. Good luck. John from CA

Without hesitation I can recommend The Worthington (Close to beach) and The Cabanas Guesthouse and Spa (Walking to distance to the main gay area) This place also has free bikes and Kayaks!

:)

Hyatt Pier 66 is also our choice, we love the place. For a smaller low key all gay experience we have stayed at the Cheston House a number of times and love it. The staff is super friendly. Close to the beach, quite a few restaurants in walking distance as we well at the mall. Clothing option sub bathing is always fun when staying in FLL.

Archived