Celebrity Century TRANSatlantic 25APR

Paavo

• 1 month later...
Hi, Paavo. I won't be on the Apr09 cruise to Amsterdam but my buddy will be sailing. Let me know if you would like to contact him. He isn't a board member.

Rick

Hi Rick!

thanks for the mail. My name is really Paul, Paavo is just a fun nick....

It would be fun to get in contact with your buddy, petty you aren´t coming I´ve ordered some amazing weather for the crossing....

Best regards,

Paul

My partner & I will be boarding The Century for a 12-day Baltic cruise immediately after you disembark! Sorry we're going to miss sailing with you. I'll make a deal with you though. I'll leave Amsterdam "intact" for you.....if you'll arrange for us to have a cute room steward! LOL

Hi, Paul, My buddy said he would sign on to Cruise Critic, so he can chat directly.

I also noticed there are several other gay men couples on the cruise.

Here is their link (hopefully, I've copied it correctly):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=797846

Rick

Rick, ok, thanks for your efforts to get us to unite with the family. I am sure It´ll be fun.....

Take care,

Paul

My partner & I will be boarding The Century for a 12-day Baltic cruise immediately after you disembark! Sorry we're going to miss sailing with you. I'll make a deal with you though. I'll leave Amsterdam "intact" for you.....if you'll arrange for us to have a cute room steward! LOL

Hi! What a pitty we will neet share the crossing....Don´t worry about Amsterdam, I´ve been there before and I can assure it hasn´t been the same since....so do all and a bit more while there!

I live in Helsinki so you´ll be in my hometown during your cruise. Have lots of fun!

Paul:o

Hi there, Single gay guy looking to meet up with other gay people on the Century--Truely so excited!!!!!!!

Hi! There seem to be some family on board....Are you travelling on your own? Not a bad idea as I am sure one meets lots of people on a cruise:).

Have you done Atlantic crossing before?

We are 2 guys in our forties from Finland and this our first cruise of this type....

Paul

;) Hi there! Yes I did a Trans-Atlantic in 01 from Barcelona to Miami--it was 17 days--it was fun. I am traveling with a long time friend--his partner cancelled the last minute. We both have our own suites. Luis is originally from Spain--real sweet guy>. I am sure the ship Itinanery will have "FRIENDS OF DORTHY MEETINGS" SO WE CAN ALL MEET. I am sure we will all have a great time. Look forward to meeting you. Tony

So far all the cruises we have been on have had Friends of Dorothy meeting. Alas! on the first one we were on, I thought somebody called Dorothy was celebrating an important birthday and had invited lots of people on a cruise. They certainly seemed to be partying every day.

By the way, on the "regular" Century Transatlantic Roll Call there are other gay people as well.

Less than three weeks.

Gute Nacht,

Herbert

Hi you all!

Yes, I think Dorothy is having some friends on this crossing as well!

Looking forward to the cruise and of course in meeting Dorothy and friends too! Seems that Dorothy´s friends have mostly chosen to travel in a suite, nice!:) I am a bit concerned about the dinner arrangements, I would be totally happy to have a table for two but I presume those are very few and I am not so sure I want to just end up at a table for 10 with total strangers:eek:....How does it actually function in the main dining room? Who seats everybody? We are in late seating by the way....

Take care guys!

Hi you all!

Yes, I think Dorothy is having some friends on this crossing as well!

Looking forward to the cruise and of course in meeting Dorothy and friends too! Seems that Dorothy´s friends have mostly chosen to travel in a suite, nice!:) I am a bit concerned about the dinner arrangements, I would be totally happy to have a table for two but I presume those are very few and I am not so sure I want to just end up at a table for 10 with total strangers:eek:....How does it actually function in the main dining room? Who seats everybody? We are in late seating by the way....

Take care guys!

As far as dining room seating is concerned, you usually have a card with your table assignment in the cabin when you arrive. They also publish a time before dinner, where the maitre d' is available to take requests for a change. And even afterwards you can ask for a reassignment. In fact, on our last cruise, we insisted to be re-seated, since the other people at the table talked about my sister's and my "fat asses" (we are both overweight) in German:mad:, not realizing that we understood. I chose not to dine with them again. They usually do their best to accomodate your requests.

See you soon,

Herbert

As far as dining room seating is concerned, you usually have a card with your table assignment in the cabin when you arrive. They also publish a time before dinner, where the maitre d' is available to take requests for a change. And even afterwards you can ask for a reassignment. In fact, on our last cruise, we insisted to be re-seated, since the other people at the table talked about my sister's and my "fat asses" (we are both overweight) in German:mad:, not realizing that we understood. I chose not to dine with them again. They usually do their best to accomodate your requests.

See you soon,

Herbert

Thanks for yr reply Herbert.

I am shocked about the behaviour some fellow europeans show and often they think that people don´t speak their lingo. I am glad to know that their is a possibility to change tables if the company isn´t civilized....

See you soon!

Paul

Hi Paul,

just for info. We are in stateroom 1212, if you want to contact us before any official FOD meeting. We are in our early fifties. I see that you work for the airlines. So do I. We may be competitors in the air, but I am sure we can get along on the water, right?

Herbert

Hi Paul,

just for info. We are in stateroom 1212, if you want to contact us before any official FOD meeting. We are in our early fifties. I see that you work for the airlines. So do I. We may be competitors in the air, but I am sure we can get along on the water, right?

Herbert

Hello Herbert,

I was wondering how you know what I do for living....and then I got it: from my profile of course! Yes I work for Finnair, so we are hardly enemies that way either, I´ve never heard anyone be anemies with AY, we are too small for that!:) Water is other ways also familiar to me: I have worked on passanger ships between Finaland and Germany and Sweden too, so no problems there....My companion whom I am travelling with is a much more private person than I am so we´ll see how much he wants to participate. I on the other hand am a party animal and enjoy good company and good laugh....I am looking forward to the cruise and meeting you. Which hotel have you chosen in MIA? I was thinking of Hyatt as I would get a good price for them, I originally booked a hotel in SOBE but realised that we are only 2 nights in MIA so down town is better for shopping etc....

See Ya!

We will be arriving in MIA Apr.19th. 3 nights at the Yankee Clipper in Ft. Lauderdale (free with Sheraton points) and 3 nights at Homewood Suites MIA airport (free with Hilton points). We are both fairly quiet guys. My parter even more so than me (I can be a talker), but we'll see what transpires. You are right. AY never seems to be the enemy. They are just there, have been and will be.

Take care!

We'll fly to MIA via DUS on 23rd APR, as we both work until the last day before, so we´ll stay 2 nights in MIA at Hyatt downtown, quite a few pax that participate on this cruise seem to be at that htl. Got a smash price so did not want to use points. After cruise we´ll stay 1 night at the Convent, how suitable for us....We are not taking any of these Celebrity tours but I am trying to arrange something my self, especially in Madeira it´s going to tough as we stay there for such few hours.....just over one week......Take care! Paul

Archived