Priority Boarding On 2 Day Trip

GAV BOY

Hi,

I have just returned from the 2 day trip on the "QE2" :(

Another great trip and also there was priority checkin and boarding for Grills and Platinum passengers :D

Only 5 days till my Christmas and New Year Cruise :)

May i wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year ;)

Regards,

Gavin :cool:

Hi,

I have just returned from the 2 day trip on the "QE2" :(

Another great trip and also there was priority checkin and boarding for Grills and Platinum passengers :D

Only 5 days till my Christmas and New Year Cruise :)

May i wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year ;)

Regards,

Glad to hear that it is still there!

How was the trip? We did this intinerary on Arcadia in April - thought it wasn't the best of trips because of so little time on board. How was it for you?

Is Dennis still in the Queens' Grill - which is where I understood you were.....

Matthew

Glad to hear that it is still there!

How was the trip? We did this intinerary on Arcadia in April - thought it wasn't the best of trips because of so little time on board. How was it for you?

Is Dennis still in the Queens' Grill - which is where I understood you were.....

Matthew

Hi,

The weather in Begium was awful, it rained for most of our stay, the day trips were cancelled due to lack of booking. because of the shortness of the trip i had decided to spend the day onboard anyway

Yes he was ! :D

Hi,

The weather in Begium was awful, it rained for most of our stay, the day trips were cancelled due to lack of booking. because of the shortness of the trip i had decided to spend the day onboard anyway

Yes he was ! :D

So, in essence, the trip was saved despite the best efforts of the Travel and Tour Office?

Sounds about normal!

How was the trip in general? Is there a review forthcoming?

The trip in general was excellent !

Because i had heard there would not be any priority checkin or boarding, i arrived at the dock about 11.20am. Passengers were still disembarking from the previous cruise,even so i managed to find a parking space and then went to Q up,i was at the front. They opened the doors about 12 noon and i was directed to the priority checkin (only one open) then i proceeded to the lounge expecting to wait until 2pm. They started boarding at 1pm. I went to my stateroom 2087 which was a QG single,it was smaller than previous ones but nicely furnished and near the pursers desk. I went for afternoon tea in the Queens room and met a friend, afterwards i went for a wander,the ship was nicely decorated for Christmas. I bumped into members of staff including, Thomas and friend, Gunn, Lisa Fanning , Simon who was assistant Cruise Director and Maureen Ryan. I also bumped into one of the Driving test examiners from my local test centre (im a driving instructor) which was a bit of a shock for both of us. I went down to dinner about 8pm, i was on a table for seven ,on the table were two friends and a lady and her son, the two other seats remained empty ( we were on table 64). We had a lovely meal as always and then retired to the crystal bar, the entertainment in the lounge was David Copperfield, we didn,t go as we had seen him before, then my friends went to bed earlyish and i popped along to the yacht club for a while (which was very busy) then soon after i went to bed as it had been a long day. We arrived in Zebrugee about 7am and it was pouring with rain, the full day trips were cancelled due to lack of interest and the people who did venture out returned looking like drowned rats. I spent the day wandering the ship speaking to people including the lovely Bea, as there was not a lot of daytime entertainment ( i would of preffered being at sea for the day) We sailed from Zebrugee about 6.30pm (late) and the evening panned out very much the same as the night before, there was "appassionate" in the lounge and Karaoke in the Golden lion,again the Yacht club was very busy and i went to bed at about 2pm, had breakfast this morning at 8.30am and disembarked at 9.30am. I enjoyed it very much and today i booked for the two night trip next October

regards,

Gavboy,

Good to hear you had a good cruise on your 2 nighter trip - & very interesting to hear that you boarded quickly! I wish I had boarded as quickly on my recent Autumn Colours Cruise - I was travelling in Queens Grill for the 20 night cruise and they didnot start boarding until 2 pm - admittedly I was on board by about 2.30 pm but still a bit slower than usual!!!!

Out of interest have you ever had QG single cabin 1032? I ask this as I have booked this cabin for my next QE2 cruise in Oct 07?

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Out of interest have you ever had QG single cabin 1032? I ask this as I have booked this cabin for my next QE2 cruise in Oct 07?

I have had 2070, which I liked. It was my first cabin on the ship, and I was very happy in it.

My mother had it in June and said that it was cold. She didn't ask them to do anything about it and therefore there was nothing done. It was a bit chilly.

My grandmother in law had it in July and was happy with it.

My mother had 2087 in July, and preferred it to 2070. I disagreed, although I didn't spend much time in it.

My mother in law had 2063. It seemed fine, but her views were kept to herself for reasons I won't go into!

I know these are all deck 2 cabins, and you were asking about one on Deck One, but as single cabins seem to be being discussed, I thought I'd chuck in my experiences....

Hi,

I have just returned from the 2 day trip on the "QE2"

Another great trip and also there was priority checkin and boarding for Grills and Platinum passengers

Only 5 days till my Christmas and New Year Cruise

May i wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Regards,

Gavin,

Welcome back indeed would have send you an email on board but couldnt remember your surname,Did you see passenger Maureen H?

Pleased to see that you had an enjoyable trip, l was on the same one in Oct , and booked for the same mini and med cruise next Oct, taking my parents along as a surprise for them on the mini trip.

Interesting that you were boarding so early they do seem to stick to this 2pm rule for boarding, And is good news that they still have the priority boarding for the Platinum (and Grill) members, Cunard would do well to remember that we are quite big in numbers onboard, indeed on my recent med trip there were over 600 crammed into the Queens room!& why cant they have a seperate Platinum party, and please without the sales pitch!!! Though l gather numbers on the last cruise it was being held over 2 nights.

Guess l wil see you onboard next October !!!!

Cheers

Myles

Gavboy,

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Hi

I have been in stateroom 1035 which is opposite 1032, i would assume they are roughly the same, 1035 was a very large room,it had a double bed, a large walk in dressing room with safe and fridge,a large bathroom,a chair with foot stall ,long dressing table and two portholes.

Hope this helps,

Gavin

Gavin,

Welcome back indeed would have send you an email on board but couldnt remember your surname,Did you see passenger Maureen H?

Hi Myles,

Yes Maureen and myself have cruised together a few times, we were on the two night trip in October and Maureen booked the December one whilst onboard, we met in the lounge on Friday and had our boarding photo taken together,and then had afternoon Tea. She introduces me to everyone as her honorary son :eek:

She also speaks highly of you :D

My surname is "Black" Btw. ( good Scottish name)

I look foward to seeing you in October, if not before :)

Speak to you soon,

regards,

today i booked for the two night trip next October

regards,

Gavin

Good to hear you had such a great time. I'm also booked for the 2 nighter next October, and had planned to stay on the ship during the day (rain or no rain!). What were the dress codes for each evening and daytime? Need to know what to pack, never done a two night cruise before.

Thanks for your help.

Gavin

Good to hear you had such a great time. I'm also booked for the 2 nighter next October, and had planned to stay on the ship during the day (rain or no rain!). What were the dress codes for each evening and daytime? Need to know what to pack, never done a two night cruise before.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

The first evening was informal, so you need a shirt ,jacket and tie, the second was formal, so you need either a DJ or Dark siute

During the day its fairly relaxed, but you are not allowed to wear swimwear in the restaurant :eek:

See you onboard :D

regards,

Hi,

The first evening was informal, so you need a shirt ,jacket and tie, the second was formal, so you need either a DJ or Dark siute

During the day its fairly relaxed, but you are not allowed to wear swimwear in the restaurant :eek:

See you onboard :D

regards,

Gavin, thanks for coming back to me so soon. Also thanks for the information about the evening dress code. On my recent TA the first and last nights were, of course, casual. So I've been asking myself "what about a two nighter where both nights are the first and last"? I was hoping that, as there must be a party atmosphere on board such a short cruise, most people would want to make the most of the evenings. Also, the QE2 is known for being a "formal" ship. I would prefer to "dress" for dinner on board and therefore am very happy to hear I'll get the chance. So, a dark suit for the first night and a dinner suit for the second it is then! As for day wear, well, I try very hard not to be seen wearing swimwear anywhere! And I can't believe that there will be anyone in her pool, in the middle of the English Channel, in October!

Looking forward to seeing her again.

See you on board, I take it you've booked Queens Grill, I'm in Caronia (came very close to booking Princess Grill, but for two nights, I'll be happy where I am).

Very best wishes

See you on board, I take it you've booked Queens Grill, I'm in Caronia (came very close to booking Princess Grill, but for two nights, I'll be happy where I am).

Very best wishes

I booked Princess Grill for my last 2 nighter but got upgraded to Queens Grill. I have booked Princess Grill Again for next October ( only 2 left when i booked ) I have a feeling i may be upgraded again, but thats ok !

Gavin:cool:

So I've been asking myself "what about a two nighter where both nights are the first and last"? I was hoping that, as there must be a party atmosphere on board such a short cruise, most people would want to make the most of the evenings.

Pepperrn

The short one and two nighters most definately have a party atmosphere and do attract all kinds of passengers, probably not so many of your regular QE2 passenger, but none the less a varied range, on the one nighter with fares as low as £49!!! they had a hen party and the yacht club was "busy" indeed my drink came in a warm glass but the service was quick.

Generally the crew are not fond of these quick trips! The dress code for that trip was generally asssumed to be informal and the tickets said informal but a week prior to sailing a letter came advising that it was formal.

Where we docked in Zebrugge the dock was pretty clean and gave us a chance to get some great shots of QE2.

Gavin,

Glad you met up with MH again, shes quite a lady, met her in Invergordon once during a cruise, I guess she has told you of our bargain cruises last year, that was an experience. Has she got her cabin sorted for the world cruise?

Indeed look forward to seeing you onboard next year:)

Pepperrn

The short one and two nighters most definately have a party atmosphere and do attract all kinds of passengers, probably not so many of your regular QE2 passenger, but none the less a varied range, on the one nighter with fares as low as £49!!! they had a hen party and the yacht club was "busy" indeed my drink came in a warm glass but the service was quick.

Generally the crew are not fond of these quick trips! The dress code for that trip was generally asssumed to be informal and the tickets said informal but a week prior to sailing a letter came advising that it was formal.

Where we docked in Zebrugge the dock was pretty clean and gave us a chance to get some great shots of QE2.

Gavin,

Glad you met up with MH again, shes quite a lady, met her in Invergordon once during a cruise, I guess she has told you of our bargain cruises last year, that was an experience. Has she got her cabin sorted for the world cruise?

Indeed look forward to seeing you onboard next year:)

Hi Myles,

I first met Maureen on the Msc Melody, she was with the " Daily Express " offer and i got my bargain cruise courtesy of " Texaco" , as you say she is quite a Lady. I think i will e-mail her later and try to get her on next October again :eek:

P.S, she dosen,t have a cabin yet, and is quite cross

Regards,

I first met Maureen on the Msc Melody, she was with the " Daily Express " offer and i got my bargain cruise courtesy of " Texaco"
P.S, she dosen,t have a cabin yet, and is quite cross

Wasnt it a great deal! some of these Cunardites might have had a fit onboard, Sharing the dinning room with the crew,the super quick service for dinner in and out within an hour, Captain Stiffi:eek: the puppets :rolleyes: and the total disregard for the dress code onboard, all except for the Brits, i had the best ever room steward, above and beyond the call of duty... and terribly naughty....... And we shared the bay of San Tropez with easycruise One:cool:

Surprised she hasnt a cabin no yet? and she booked it a year ago, l hope she isnt going to be bumped, that would be a disgrace.

Wasnt it a great deal! some of these Cunardites might have had a fit onboard, Sharing the dinning room with the crew,the super quick service for dinner in and out within an hour, Captain Stiffi:eek: the puppets :rolleyes: and the total disregard for the dress code onboard, all except for the Brits, i had the best ever room steward, above and beyond the call of duty... and terribly naughty....... And we shared the bay of San Tropez with easycruise One:cool:

Surprised she hasnt a cabin no yet? and she booked it a year ago, l hope she isnt going to be bumped, that would be a disgrace.

Yes it was an excellent cruise and we also saw easy cruise in Saint Tropez !

I have booked a Coronia garuntee stateroom on the QE2 ,for the QE2 and QV Tandeem crossing, and Anna Costa in the cruise sales office said that i may get a room number a week before the crossing or even on arrival at Southampton :eek:

Maybe it will be the same for Maureen !

Archived