Silk - Gluten Free Options

Was reading through a newly posted shot of the Silk menu from the Inaugural Bermuda Cruise on Anthem of the Seas and noticed there were no Gluten Free entree options available on the bamboo menu (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49898881&postcount=337). Is this a bad place to eat for those of us who are gluten free or are there other options available that aren't in those photos?

You can set your "Dietary Needs" selection as Gluten Free in your Onboard Preferences (it's in your profile, tucked away at the bottom). I would also recommend that you give your travel agent and/or Royal Caribbean a call to let them know (or do this first if you can't find this option on your profile). Also, find the head waiter on the first day and let remind them. Royal has been very good at avoiding cross-contamination in the main dining rooms, at least. I'm sure it's the same in all the dining rooms.

Was reading through a newly posted shot of the Silk menu from the Inaugural Bermuda Cruise on Anthem of the Seas and noticed there were no Gluten Free entree options available on the bamboo menu (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49898881&postcount=337). Is this a bad place to eat for those of us who are gluten free or are there other options available that aren't in those photos?

I was just on Anthem. Gluten free items are available. Some menus indicate

the type of food with little icons such as spicy, lactose free, gluten free.

The waiter and head waiter made it a point to ask if we had any food

allergies or intolerances before taking our order. They were pretty good

with this. I ate in Silk and they asked several times.

I was just on Anthem. Gluten free items are available. Some menus indicate

the type of food with little icons such as spicy, lactose free, gluten free.

The waiter and head waiter made it a point to ask if we had any food

allergies or intolerances before taking our order. They were pretty good

with this. I ate in Silk and they asked several times.

Thank you! We've cruised gluten free previously with no issues, but this will be our first experience with Dynamic Dining. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't making a reservation where only my husband could eat the food ;)

You can set your "Dietary Needs" selection as Gluten Free in your Onboard Preferences (it's in your profile, tucked away at the bottom). I would also recommend that you give your travel agent and/or Royal Caribbean a call to let them know (or do this first if you can't find this option on your profile). Also, find the head waiter on the first day and let remind them. Royal has been very good at avoiding cross-contamination in the main dining rooms, at least. I'm sure it's the same in all the dining rooms.

Thanks, I do have this option marked but will be sure to find the head waiter on the first day and remind them as well. Is there a different head waiter for each restaurant?

I sailed on Anthem in March and an GF and it was very difficult eating at silk. I spent the evening watching my husband and our friends eat. They offered me friend rice and chicken broth. I hope there's now more options for you. It was miserable,