Day pass for Cancun ... All Inclusive Resort!

PC Cruisin

We have never been to Cancun and would like some suggestions ... once our cruise ship ports in Cancun, where is the best deals to get a day pass to an all inclusive resort? We don't want to go far so we wont miss getting back onto our boat before it leaves but want to enjoy the beach with drinks and food included in the day pass.

Thank you for all your info!

• 4 years later...

I do not believe any cruise ships stop in Cancun, although there may be something new happening. Occassionally a ship will stop in Playa de Carmen, which is 20 miles south of Cancun. Most cruise ships stop in Cozemel which is an island across from Playa de Carmen. If you are still interested in Cancun day passes, I would post on the Trip Advisor Cancun forum.

Yes unless there is a new development cruise ships dock south of Playa Del Carmen which is a 50 min taxi from Cancun, or at Cozumel which adds another 30 min ride to PDC.

I'd suggest finding out where you are docking, and then posing this question on the Cozumel and PDC forums at both cruisecritic and tripadvisor.

The last cruise I was on docked in Cancun, I enquired directly about an all inclusive day pass at the Sandos Cancun Luxury Resort http://www.sandos.com/hotel-cancun-in-cancun.htm, in general it is best to contact resorts directly and normally you can find a day pass for around one hundred dollars or so. Most of the resorts such as Secrets and RIU also do day passes though I didn´t check them out, maybe next time. Let me know how it goes.

• 5 months later...

I was on a cruise 15 years ago that anchored and tendered into Cancun, but there is no cruise ship dock in Cancun. I think there may be a few ships that will anchor and tender once in a GREAT while, but it is VERY unusual and not on any regular itineraries any longer.