Auckland for a day

THE G TEAM

We just found out that after our Australia/New Zealand cruise aboard the Celebrity Solstice we will have a full day in Auckland (February 8/15) prior to our flight home:D. Does anyone know of any Auckland tours which pick you up at the pier, drop you at the airport and take care of your luggage (besides the ship's overpriced excursions)?

You might contact Jim Archer (very highly rated on TripAdvisor) who does private tours. You could see if he is available and what the cost would be.

http://www.archertours.co.nz

Thanks for the information Scrapnana. We have decided to tour with Milestones on their Auckland Discovery. We especially liked that they pick us at the pier, drop us off and the airport and store our luggage for the day:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you haven't already booked we are another vote for Jim Archer. We have toured with him twice, and you really couldn't ask for a nicer guy to spend the day with. Very professional, loves his country (this shows), and seemed very well respected by the locals everywhere we went :)

What would people consider the must do activities for a day given all the choices? Does Jim's tour hit all those places? His website isn't specific enough. I can imagine there would be plenty of customization for a small group I just don't know what I want yet.

Our flight would most likely be at 7:30PM out of Auckland.

We were in New Zealand a year ago and toured Rotorua with Jim Archer. I highly recommend him as well. Another tour that we went on out of Auckland was a wine tour of the Matakana region with NZ WinePro (http://www.nzwinepro.co.nz). John is the owner and has a great itinerary that takes you to a number of vineyards and a few other interesting stops. It was a great day, saw some amazing scenery, and never felt rushed.