13 Night Ultimate Scandinavia-Russia on Serenade - Pre-teen

We are strongly considering the July 22, 2018 13 night ultimate Scandinavia-Russia cruise aboard the Serenade but are concerned there won't be a lot of other pre-teens for our 12 year old to hang out with. Any experience with this specific itinerary or 12-14 day cruises in the Summer? TIA

We are strongly considering the July 22, 2018 13 night ultimate Scandinavia-Russia cruise aboard the Serenade but are concerned there won't be a lot of other pre-teens for our 12 year old to hang out with. Any experience with this specific itinerary or 12-14 day cruises in the Summer? TIA

Frankly, I would look for a transit through the Panama Canal where you would have a better shot at your almost teensager meeting and enjoying time with friends. The Hermitage and Peterhoff Castle as well as the Scandinavian and Baltic ports don't hold much for younger folks. I am on that cruise and know a number of other folks and it is made up mostly of us older folks. You might want to consult with a travel agent on this one rather than shooting in the dark. Just sayin' ======

Thanks for the replies. You all confirmed our concerns about the 13 day. We are going to go with one of the shorter itineraries. Has anyone done the 10 day that's only offered June 14, 2018 next year? We would really like to be able to go to Moscow which is only possible with the 2 night stay in St. Petersburg. The 12 year old is a good traveler so I'm not as worried about him being bored on the tours as being bored only hanging out with his parents on board.

Thanks for the replies. You all confirmed our concerns about the 13 day. We are going to go with one of the shorter itineraries. Has anyone done the 10 day that's only offered June 14, 2018 next year? We would really like to be able to go to Moscow which is only possible with the 2 night stay in St. Petersburg. The 12 year old is a good traveler so I'm not as worried about him being bored on the tours as being bored only hanging out with his parents on board.

You may want to check the travel time to/from Moscow and St. Petersburg. You may want to discuss this with your 12 year old.

I don't think a kid that age will like that cruise.

Or a kid that age will get the education of a lifetime!!!

I'm amused that posters think its always all about water slides and beaches for a 12 yo

Geez my kids are asking which port on our upcoming western Carib is the best port to see the Mayan ruins.

Fwiw our 12 day Med cruises with them were the best the most educational and with the least amount of beach and sea days. Also trust me...we are a family of sun worshippers...and...history/education nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have not done the itinerary you are looking at but we did Norway, Iceland, Faroe Isles etc (during July)when our daughter was ten. She did the kids club every night and enjoyed the cruise. There are always some kids for them to hang out with. What you do find is depending on the numbers they merge the groups and there are more staff to spend time with them. I would go for it!