Trump International Beach Resort, Sunny Isles Beach

Nami

I'm planning to book pre-cruise hotel in Trump International Beach Resort, Sunny Isles Beach.

I'm travelling with DH. We'll fly to MIA and cruise from Port Everglades. I've never been in skyscraper or in any other tall building, and now I want to experience that. We'd like to spend one day relaxing on the pool and beach, eat well, maybe do some shopping, and of course watching the views from hotel room.

Am I making the right decision? Is the area safe for walking? Are there good middle-price restaurants in walking distance? Does anybody have experience of Trump International?

We stayed there. They have a beautiful pool and of course it is right on the beach. There is a shopping center right across the street with places to eat and Publix was down the street. When we were there the hotel had a free shuttle to the Adventura Mall where we went one day to shop and eat at Cheesecake Factory.

Enjoy your trip.

I'm planning to book pre-cruise hotel in Trump International Beach Resort, Sunny Isles Beach.

I'm travelling with DH. We'll fly to MIA and cruise from Port Everglades. I've never been in skyscraper or in any other tall building, and now I want to experience that. We'd like to spend one day relaxing on the pool and beach, eat well, maybe do some shopping, and of course watching the views from hotel room.

Am I making the right decision? Is the area safe for walking? Are there good middle-price restaurants in walking distance? Does anybody have experience of Trump International?

It is a very nice hotel but I am not a fan of the beach in Sunny Isles. The skyscrapers are so high, they block the afternoon sun from the beach and the pools.

BlueHerons....I respect your opinion but when we were there we had sun at the pool & beach all day. I don't recall the skyscrapers being a problem.

It isn't bad at all in the summer but when the sun sits a little lower in the sky, you are done. This time of year the sun is only good until about three and those big high rises completely block the sun. May through August it is fine but in the winter when you want the warm sun, it is blocked.

If you google map the Trump and look on the satellite view, you can actually see the massive shadows from the buildings on the beach. Or maybe it is mapquest.

We stayed there. They have a beautiful pool and of course it is right on the beach. There is a shopping center right across the street with places to eat and Publix was down the street. When we were there the hotel had a free shuttle to the Adventura Mall where we went one day to shop and eat at Cheesecake Factory.

Enjoy your trip.

Thank You Marie. It’s good to hear You enjoyed staying there. I didn’t find any comments from CC, so I thought it’s not very popular hotel. Maybe, because it’s not near the port, but for us the half-way location is fine.

I am little worry about safe walking. The street looks massive. Is it busy? Are there good sidewalks? We’ve been in Florida twice and I noticed, that everything was planned for cars, not for walking tourists.

It is a very nice hotel but I am not a fan of the beach in Sunny Isles. The skyscrapers are so high, they block the afternoon sun from the beach and the pools.

Thank You Blue. Shadows of the buildings didn’t come to my mind. Interesting. But I still want to see the skyscrapers, so I booked Trump. Avoiding the sunshine might not be bad at all. Our skins are snow white and we burn so easy. It’s a real challenge to survive home from cruise without red faces :D

Thank You Marie. It’s good to hear You enjoyed staying there. I didn’t find any comments from CC, so I thought it’s not very popular hotel. Maybe, because it’s not near the port, but for us the half-way location is fine.

I am little worry about safe walking. The street looks massive. Is it busy? Are there good sidewalks? We’ve been in Florida twice and I noticed, that everything was planned for cars, not for walking tourists.

I don't think alot of cruise passengers stay there because it is not near either ports but it is a very nice place.

It is a busy street but we crossed it with no problem. We we there for a week and our room had a small kitchen so we bought some food at the Publix which is close by. I don't know if all the rooms are like this. If they still have the shuttle to take you to the mall I would take advantage of that.

Edited by Marie51

I don't think alot of cruise passengers stay there because it is not near either ports but it is a very nice place.

It is a busy street but we crossed it with no problem. We we there for a week and our room had a small kitchen so we bought some food at the Publix which is close by. I don't know if all the rooms are like this. If they still have the shuttle to take you to the mall I would take advantage of that.

Thanks again Marie.