New York Excursions

winnipegmanitoba

This is our first time sailing on Cunard. We will be sailing on the Queen Mary 2 from Southampton to New York. Does Cunard provide tours on disembarkation that will pick up at the ship and do a tour and drop off at the airport? There is nothing listed on the Voyage Personalizer. I know that I could organize this on my own but we will have onboard credit to use up so thought this would be a good option if available.

This is our first time sailing on Cunard. We will be sailing on the Queen Mary 2 from Southampton to New York. Does Cunard provide tours on disembarkation that will pick up at the ship and do a tour and drop off at the airport? There is nothing listed on the Voyage Personalizer. I know that I could organize this on my own but we will have onboard credit to use up so thought this would be a good option if available.

Not usually, If you are travelling with Cunard and have their Air, sometimes they will have a coach to take you to Macy's for a few hours shopping then on to the Airport.

Sometimes they will just take you to the Airport and sometimes they will provide a Day room for you at an Airport Hotel nearby for a few hours, other times they take you to a Mid Central Hotel to store your luggage, then give you a few hours to do your own thing before taking you to the Airport.

You do not know what you are getting until night before debark. You could always check with the Tours desk when onboard.

If you have booked your own Air then it is up to you to get to the Airport in time for the flight home.

Not usually, If you are travelling with Cunard and have their Air, sometimes they will have a coach to take you to Macy's for a few hours shopping then on to the Airport.

Sometimes they will just take you to the Airport and sometimes they will provide a Day room for you at an Airport Hotel nearby for a few hours, other times they take you to a Mid Central Hotel to store your luggage, then give you a few hours to do your own thing before taking you to the Airport.

You do not know what you are getting until night before debark. You could always check with the Tours desk when onboard.

If you have booked your own Air then it is up to you to get to the Airport in time for the flight home.

We have booked our own flight. Not looking as much for the transportation to the airport. More interested in touring New York as we have not been there before. Our flight does not leave until 6:30 pm. We have cruised on many other cruise lines and have had this type of option available as a shore excursion.

We have booked our own flight. Not looking as much for the transportation to the airport. More interested in touring New York as we have not been there before. Our flight does not leave until 6:30 pm. We have cruised on many other cruise lines and have had this type of option available as a shore excursion.

Cunard do offer the odd tour of New York, but as far as I am aware only usually for Guests continuing their journey with them. These are available (if) depending on numbers when on board. You will have to check with the Tours office on board.

Edited by Pennbank

You won't have too much time for much touring. Customs can take a while on arrival and you'll be in Brooklyn, not Manhattan. Unless you do self disembarkation it could be mid to late morning before you are clear of the ship. Also, depending on your airport, you need to leave as much as an hour to get to the airport and be there 2 hours ahead of the flight to pass security.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Forums mobile app

Last October, we did the Quebec City to New York segment. Cunard did offer a New York City tour, dropping people off at airports for late flights. If memory serves, they only offered this once we were onboard, and I had never noticed it before. It may well have been a one off, and 6:00 pm may be too early for their view of "late flights". We did not take it, having heard horror stories of delays in getting to LaGuardia, but if I were interested, I would check with Cunard.

A few years ago we did QM2 Southampton to NY then up to Canada, back to NY, then Southampton. The first time we got to NY we had booked a tour to Times Square but it took three hours to get off the ship and by the time we got to Times Square there was only half an hour left before we had to return. Apparently there was some UN meeting on and increased security. As our voyage wasin three sections we had asked if we could book different cabins so that we could try the various grills but we were told no, because it was all one voyage, although the staff admitted that it was the same menus and entertainment repeated three times.