Question of the order of ports - does it change?

azevedan

I came across a post that indicated PG sometimes changes the order of ports to avoid being at a given island the same time as a larger ship. I note that Holland America has a ship in the Society Islands the same time as my cruise, and it would be at the same island as us several days, assuming the port order of the standard PG 7-day cruise. Is there any way to find out the actual order of the ports, and the port times (I know the islands are very close)?

thanks!

I came across a post that indicated PG sometimes changes the order of ports to avoid being at a given island the same time as a larger ship. I note that Holland America has a ship in the Society Islands the same time as my cruise, and it would be at the same island as us several days, assuming the port order of the standard PG 7-day cruise. Is there any way to find out the actual order of the ports, and the port times (I know the islands are very close)?

thanks!

My upcoming itinerary (in 2 days) was changed for that exact reason, and I was notified by PG via email last week. I don't know when they make this type of decision, but if your cruise is coming up soon, give them a call.

If you make any reservations for shore excursions privately let the company know that you have heard that sometimes the schedule changes. They probably will know immediately if the schedule changes but at least you have forewarned them a your final itinerary might not be made until quite close to your trip.

If you make any reservations for shore excursions privately let the company know that you have heard that sometimes the schedule changes. They probably will know immediately if the schedule changes but at least you have forewarned them a your final itinerary might not be made until quite close to your trip.

Thanks....that's what I'm concerned about. I have several private excursions reserved.