Acquarius Tours: getting on and off the boat

Kellie in Texas

Looking at Acquarius Tours for this summer while in Grand Cayman. I've seen several pictures of the boat and the ladder off the back. Does the ladder extend down into the water? Some ladders to get onto a boat (or out of a swimming pool) have the last rung of the ladder basically level with the water level. In other words, you have to hike your knee up to chest level in order to get onto the first rung of the ladder.I have a bad knee, like many others I'm sure, and am not in great physical shape, so wanted to check. If the ladder extends down into the water, I shouldn't have a problem, I don't think.

If anyone has photos specifically of the ladder, I'd sure like to see them. Thanks.

Looking at Acquarius Tours for this summer while in Grand Cayman. I've seen several pictures of the boat and the ladder off the back. Does the ladder extend down into the water? Some ladders to get onto a boat (or out of a swimming pool) have the last rung of the ladder basically level with the water level. In other words, you have to hike your knee up to chest level in order to get onto the first rung of the ladder.I have a bad knee, like many others I'm sure, and am not in great physical shape, so wanted to check. If the ladder extends down into the water, I shouldn't have a problem, I don't think.

If anyone has photos specifically of the ladder, I'd sure like to see them. Thanks.

I'm so glad to see this thread. I would love to do the Acquarius tour with my hubby but he also has bad knees and wouldn't be able to lift his knees high enough if the ladder isn't down into the water. Please post a review and/or your thoughts after you go on your cruise this summer.

Edited by HeresTweety
spelling error

@bookbabe, I was looking at Acquarius because they are #1 rated on TripAdvisor, but I'll check out Marinelandtours also. From the pics on their website, it certainly does look like the stairs go down into the water; there's one photo where people are sitting on the stairs about waist deep in the water. Thanks for that info.

My husband and I did a tour with Aquarius Sea Tours two weeks ago. I don't remember it being difficult to get up the ladder, but send them an email. I had some questions too and they were very easy to work with.

The tour was great! Also, they photograph the tour and then give you access to download the photos for FREE!