Ovation of Seas 17 April 2016 questions from newbie

Chezzington28

Hi, I am new to Royal Caribbean cruise ships, we are booked on Ovation of the Seas 17th April 2016. I have some questions that I can't find answers to on thier web site. I have sailed many times with P&O but first time with this company.

Any help will be much appreciated.

What shows are on and timing's so I can book dining ?

Confused by my time dining, do I have to book all meals even self service?

Do you have to pay for all soft drinks and tea ?

Thank you.

Shows are at two times so both 1st & 2nd main dining room passengers won't miss the show. Usually 7 or 7:30 then at 10:30.

You don't book any meals at all.

The buffet, which is self service, will be open for dinner at 6pm or you can go to Any/My Time. This means you go to a dining room at any time you want between usually 5:30 & 9:30 at night. Every night you will sit at a different table with new people and a new waiter. Sometimes you have to wait a while to be seated.

Or you can chose traditional dining. You let them know when you book which time you want traditional dining. This means you go to the dining room at 6pm (depending on the ship) or 8:15. You will sit at the same table with the same people and waiter who will know if you want milk, or tea, etc., with dinner so you don't have to ask every night. The menus in the dining rooms are the same each night.

You do have to pay for soft drinks including the tip. Hot & cold tea are free in the buffet all day.

You will enjoy RCCL. Make sure you check out the Flow Rider- surfing on land. I did it 7 times and I have 5 grandchildren! Its fun to watch even if you don't do it!

... Confused by my time dining, do I have to book all meals ....

For dinner, you can just show up, make a standing reservation, make a reservation for one night, or any combination, your choice.