Drinks package question for UK Anthem cruisers.

papcx

Hi all.

A question for anyone who booked the Anthem in the UK.

If you got the free drinks package as part of your cruise, how was it applied onboard?

My cruise planner has no sign of my package, and my TA is using the "it's fine, it will show onboard" line.

Any advice would be welcome. If not I'll find out in 5 weeks. [emoji3]

Is it not on your invoice.they will add it to your sea pass when you board.

We had a free package last year.It showed on our invoice only. when we boarded our sea pass had a stamp on it to show we had the select package and I upgraded mine as well for the difference.

We have it for our sailing too and it's not on our planner just our invoice.

Hope this helps.

Edited by wulber

I booked Anthem the very first day it went on sale.We were told at the time that there would be no special offers on this ship as it was a brand new ship so we didn't get ant free drinks package.I have watched the price of the cruise I am on and it's now far more than what we paid.Even with the free drinks package we were better off booking the cruise when we did.

I booked Anthem the very first day it went on sale.We were told at the time that there would be no special offers on this ship as it was a brand new ship so we didn't get ant free drinks package.I have watched the price of the cruise I am on and it's now far more than what we paid.Even with the free drinks package we were better off booking the cruise when we did.

Did the same thing, bought in March last year on first day launch. Looked in Jan 2015 if I cancelled, lost £150 deposit and rebooked with free drinks package, and $400 OBC. But with the current price in Jan, it worked out if I added the drinks package and spent $400 on board, I would still be well over £500 better off.

Shows, that booking early does give you better prices and I also got a great cabin. I have a double length balcony (D1) for a D8 price. Worth finding these little gems.

Do you mind me asking what you paid SausPud.It would be good to get an idea of the difference in the early v later Bookings.

I wasn't thinking of doing this cruise until Feb of this year as I thought it was expensive.

Can't remember the price at the first launch.

Then I saw the drinks package included and $300 obc and the do cat seemed the best option price wise for us as it would have been another £600 for an unobstructed cabin so decided to book.

It was £3098 plus gratuities and we got £990 off using Tesco club card vouchers so it was a good price for us.

Edited by wulber

Do you mind me asking what you paid SausPud.It would be good to get an idea of the difference in the early v later Bookings.

I wasn't thinking of doing this cruise until Feb of this year as I thought it was expensive.

Can't remember the price at the first launch.

Then I saw the drinks package included and $300 obc and the do cat seemed the best option price wise for us as it would have been another £600 for an unobstructed cabin so decided to book.

It was £3098 plus gratuities and we got £990 off using Tesco club card vouchers so it was a good price for us.

All in including grats, drinks package, port taxes etc D8 Balcony £2,300 p.p. for 14 nights.

Back to the OP original question. My TA has said exactly the same thing to me, and I can't see a trace of it anywhere. I'm just taking their emails with me and will call them on day 1 if I have any issues :)

All in including grats, drinks package, port taxes etc D8 Balcony £2,300 p.p. for 14 nights.

I paid 4,398 for two people, D10 superior balcony room, 14 nights with Grats, select drinks package and free parking. I booked in August 2014.

Edited by The Tuckmeister

I paid 4,398 for two people, D10 superior balcony room, 14 nights with Grats, select drinks package and free parking. I booked in August 2014.

Anthem doesn't have a D10 class, they only go as low as a D8.

Current prices without grats or drinks is D1 £5098.00 D3 £4,918.00 D5 £4,358.00

So my D8 (D1 on every deck except deck 6 but room no different with oversized balcony) without grats and extra costs, I paid £4,086 for 2 people. All in with grats, drinks (not select, full package) cost £4,449.62 (the 62p came out of the exchange rate for the grats)

Anthem doesn't have a D10 class, they only go as low as a D8.

Current prices without grats or drinks is D1 £5098.00 D3 £4,918.00 D5 £4,358.00

So my D8 (D1 on every deck except deck 6 but room no different with oversized balcony) without grats and extra costs, I paid £4,086 for 2 people. All in with grats, drinks (not select, full package) cost £4,449.62 (the 62p came out of the exchange rate for the grats)

Apologies, you're right, I just checked. I'm D7 (but on deck 10, that's where I was getting confused) so you paid £51 more than me for the full drinks package. That's pretty good

• 1 month later...

I've just booked Anthem of the Seas with a "free" select drinks package. My invoice has All Inclusive as part of the cruise costs (over where it says gratuities), but the amount charged is zero. Is this normal? I am wondering whether I should take copies of emails with me to brandish at members of staff!

Sorry to ask such a simple question, but I've never cruised with Royal Carribean before - usually go with Costa or MSC.

Any help appreciated.