Sarasota to Tampa?

We are thinking about taking a repo cruise out of Tampa next April. However, we would love to spend a couple of days with my aunt in Sarasota at her condo on the ocean before the cruise. Does anyone know any thing about Transportation to the Tampa Port. This is a real adventure for me because it will be the first time flying since 30 years ago. I am still so afraid to fly but really want to do this cruise. Any suggestions about transportation. Do they have buses or what would be the best way to get to the port? Thank you in advance. :)

Marie

Sarasota to Tampa is an hour's ride give or take, depending on exactly where in Sarasota and Tampa you are. We have family in that area and visit frequently. Fares and frequency seem to be the best flying in/out of Tampa. I'd fly there, rent a car there, visit and stay with your aunt (having a rental car while visiting is a NICE option) return the car to Tampa and take the car rental shuttle to the cruise ship terminal. Or......while visiting your aunt... does she drive, is she picking you up at whatever airport you fly into? Could she just drive you up to Tampa the day your cruise sails? I noticed you said it was a "repo" cruise so it probably doesn't end in Tampa and you won't need transportation home from there. If neither of these options sound doable, check with your aunt to suggest one of many car service companies in the area that offer car service throughout that area for Tampa/Sarasota/Ft Myers airports and Tampa cruise terminal. Also, I'd post on the "Florida Departures" thread, as there folks are probably more familiar with, and can suggest specific car service companies in that area and the contact information for them.

Sarasota to Tampa is an hour's ride give or take, depending on exactly where in Sarasota and Tampa you are. We have family in that area and visit frequently. Fares and frequency seem to be the best flying in/out of Tampa. I'd fly there, rent a car there, visit and stay with your aunt (having a rental car while visiting is a NICE option) return the car to Tampa and take the car rental shuttle to the cruise ship terminal. Or......while visiting your aunt... does she drive, is she picking you up at whatever airport you fly into? Could she just drive you up to Tampa the day your cruise sails? I noticed you said it was a "repo" cruise so it probably doesn't end in Tampa and you won't need transportation home from there. If neither of these options sound doable, check with your aunt to suggest one of many car service companies in the area that offer car service throughout that area for Tampa/Sarasota/Ft Myers airports and Tampa cruise terminal. Also, I'd post on the "Florida Departures" thread, as there folks are probably more familiar with, and can suggest specific car service companies in that area and the contact information for them.

Thank you....I did post on the other site. I did not notice it when I posted here. You have some good suggestions...I will check them out.

Archived