Should we do Ibiza or London with a baby?

We’re planning on cruising through Spain and Southern France beginning in Southampton. I figure since we’re already in UK, we can just do London post cruise 3-4 days. BUT we always wanted to do Ibiza (and we can find a cruise from Barcelona). Which one would you do? We love history and we also love the beach and partying as well. I’m 31 and my husband is 36. Our little girl will be 1.

How you are planning on partying (at least in Ibiza) with a one year old baby, it's something I just can't imagine :D

This choice must me based on your preferences only. I would go to Ibiza since I guess the baby will enjoy more the beach time than the London attractions.

How you are planning on partying (at least in Ibiza) with a one year old baby, it's something I just can't imagine :D

This choice must me based on your preferences only. I would go to Ibiza since I guess the baby will enjoy more the beach time than the London attractions.

The rest of our family is coming and grandparents want to babysit if we decide to go out one night.

The rest of our family is coming and grandparents want to babysit if we decide to go out one night.

Just a word of warning about the partying. USA spring break partying is nothing compared to the partying you'll see in Ibiza....:eek::eek::eek:

If there is one thing that youngsters from the UK are good at, then it's the no holds barred partying you'll see in Ibiza.

And do they have any say in whether the destination is London or Ibiza?

They like to sit back while I do the leg work, plan, purchase, etc. so I get to decide. They usually love my itineraries. I'm also the tour guide when we get there due to all of my research. Not easy being me lol!

With a baby I would probably choose Ibiza, although there is no comparison between the sights of London and the beaches and party scene of Ibiza. Could an option not be for the baby to be left in London with the rest of your family and you go clubbing for 3 or 4 days?

It also depends on when you go. The party scene is primarily late June to early September with the emphasis on July/August. It is very hot and humid in Ibiza at that time of year and quite a lot of mosquitos around. The entrance fees and drinks in the clubs are expensive, so just remember that when doing your budget.

You mentioned a cruise from Barcelona, but how long will the ship be docked in Ibiza?. Clubs don't get started until at least midnight.

With a baby I would probably choose Ibiza, although there is no comparison between the sights of London and the beaches and party scene of Ibiza. Could an option not be for the baby to be left in London with the rest of your family and you go clubbing for 3 or 4 days?

It also depends on when you go. The party scene is primarily late June to early September with the emphasis on July/August. It is very hot and humid in Ibiza at that time of year and quite a lot of mosquitos around. The entrance fees and drinks in the clubs are expensive, so just remember that when doing your budget.

You mentioned a cruise from Barcelona, but how long will the ship be docked in Ibiza?. Clubs don't get started until at least midnight.

Thanks for replying!

Nah, I wouldn't want the baby to go elsewhere. And our family would want to follow us along - they wouldn't want the responsibility of making their own plans, etc. I like the planning so they trust that I'll guide them. :)

Torn about Ibiza, but the reason I never planned to spend an extended time in London even in the summer is due to the iffy weather. We live in the cold northeast U.S., and in the summer, I want to take complete advantage. I'd be bummed if we made a separate trip to London for 4 days and it rained the entire time and was gloomy. Rain with a stroller and long days with baby doesn't seem like a good time. But then again, the weather can be great.

We wouldn't do a cruise to any of these places. The cruise would be separate from this. Ibiza or London would be precruise or post cruise stays (we would fly directly there and stay).

Don't want to put you off Ibiza, I just wanted you to know what the 'partying' would be like. The island of Ibiza is a really great island for scenery and relaxing. Just try to avoid the resort of San Antonio as this is the main 'Party Resort' on the island. Plenty of other great resorts. San Antonio Bay is good and not far from San Antonio if you do want to really party!!!

In my (distant) experience, one year old babies have little interest in scenery or any other attractions. The only thing I would caution you about in Ibiza would be noise. The 'party scene' is normally carried on at maximum volume. Party goers do not go there for a rest and they stay up late - all night usually. Oh - and sex-on-the-beach is not just a wacky name for a cocktail.

Have a look at this list from Trip Advisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/HotelsList-Ibiza-Quiet-Hotels-zfp9369.html

Edited by Bob++

Ibiza is gorgeous, way more to it than partying, although that is there if you want it.

We would stay in the north/east of the island and well away from the bars frequented by the numpties.

Nothing worse than going on holiday to be confronted by British bars selling all day breakfasts and cheap lager.

Nothing worse than going on holiday to be confronted by British bars selling all day breakfasts and cheap lager.

No cheap lager in London:)

And I entirely agree about the North of the island.

Although London is absolutely fantastic and I'd reccomend it to anyone who haven't been there, a baby will definately enjoy the beach more. Ibiza in Spain and Mykonos in Greece are the best places in Europe for party.

The music is very loud so you definately must have the grandparents babysit your baby. And don't plan to go back before early hours.

Plan your trip anytime from June to August.