Pacific Islands snorkelling

maggie2010

Cruising to Noumea p, Isle of Pines & Mystery Island in February & my sister wants to go snorkelling. Need a bit of info about best places to snorkel & which island is better. As we are inexperienced at snorkelling not sure if we should book a tour or just go by ourselves. Is it best to take your own snorkelling gear or hire it? Private tour or ships tour? Only want to snorkel at one place??

Any help appreciated:):)

I agree with Isle of Pines but take the local tour to the Natural Aquarium. Turn left when you get off the tenders just before the Beachwear Shop they will offering some local tours. We went with Sam who dropped us off and picked us up about 2 hours later. I think it cost $20 and then $10 to enter. A quick walk through the shallow lagoon and then amazing. I just take a pair of goggles. Enjoy your trip.

I agree with Isle of Pines but take the local tour to the Natural Aquarium. Turn left when you get off the tenders just before the Beachwear Shop they will offering some local tours. We went with Sam who dropped us off and picked us up about 2 hours later. I think it cost $20 and then $10 to enter. A quick walk through the shallow lagoon and then amazing. I just take a pair of goggles. Enjoy your trip.

Peter.kath Did you take your own snorkel gear or hire from ship or tour?

Peter.kath Did you take your own snorkel gear or hire from ship or tour?