Alaska Shore Excursions August 2015

tigerbeth

Trying to find private excursions to do instead of the Princess tours. Would love to do a photo tour in Juneau , Princess has one with three starting times visiting Mendenhall Glacier and whale watching .Which time of day would be better?

Any other recommendations for photography tours would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Trying to find private excursions to do instead of the Princess tours. Would love to do a photo tour in Juneau , Princess has one with three starting times visiting Mendenhall Glacier and whale watching .Which time of day would be better?

Any other recommendations for photography tours would be appreciated.

Thanks.

http://www.traveljuneau.com

Frankly, all of Alaska is a "photo tour". If you have a late port day, late afternoon could have superior lighting for Mendenhall. Makes little difference for whale watching.

Thank you Budget Queen, yes I am sure all of our trip will have amazing photo ops. This tour has a photographer on board to help with those camera settings I'm still trying to master !!! Can't wait !

Budget Queen is correct....educate yourself....not necessary to pay the upcharge for anything ship related...especially this.

Best of luck...I know your photos will turn out amazing !!

Thank you Budget Queen, yes I am sure all of our trip will have amazing photo ops. This tour has a photographer on board to help with those camera settings I'm still trying to master !!! Can't wait !

In my opinion, Alaska isn't the place to learn how to use your camera. I suggest you educate yourself now and practice practice practice. Enough so you are "automatic".

I highly recommend people consider finding out about "composition". When people show me their photos, this is loaded with glaring mistakes that are immediate to me. My first college degree was in photography and I did have a photography business for several years- over 30 years ago. Difference with photography then, you had to know what you were doing. :) Details- exposures, lighting, you became very good at "reading" differences and bracketing.

OK- long winded- I still recommend, looking to improve your skills now.