Key for scooter

pdoeringer

I will be taking my scooter, for the first time, on an airplane. I plan to check it at the gate. My question is do you leave a key for them to drive it to the baggage area or just let them free wheel it to the baggage area? I will sure have a second and third key with me.

Thanks in advance

Take the key. The handlers may, or may not, require you to fold down the handle and seat and unlock the wheels. They will carry the scooter down the stairway and load it on the plane. Sometimes, they will have it all put back together for you on the jetway, but sometimes you'll have to do it.

I will be taking my scooter, for the first time, on an airplane. I plan to check it at the gate. My question is do you leave a key for them to drive it to the baggage area or just let them free wheel it to the baggage area? I will sure have a second and third key with me.

Thanks in advance

Take the key with you.

IMPORTANT:

The scooter is NOT always carried down to the plane. It is often rolled and taken by elevator by airline personal down to the tarmac for loading. Especially if it is a full size scooter. Just in FFL airport last sunday and all scooters were being taken by elevator that day None were carried. Therefore place the scooter in NEUTRAL or have clearly written/typed instructions taped to the scooter so the airline personnal can easily roll/push the scooter. The Drive/Neutral Lever is generally located behind the seat on the top of the motor. Check you owners manaul. If left in DRIVE and the scooter is forced pushed in DRIVE the motor will be damaged and render the scooter useless.

Archived