Questions about Breezes in Nassau

Bluemoon319

How available is the windsurfing, sailing, paddle-boats, kayaking, rock climbing, tennis, & flying trapeze to use? Those are the main reasons my son wants to go there for our day in Nassau. However, if they aren't very available due to so many people wanting to use them, I think we may choose something else for the day.

How are the towels there? Should I bring one from the ship or use theirs?

About how long does it take to get there by the Jitney?

About how long does it take to get there by cab?

Since the day pass doesn't start till 10 AM, are there still umbrellas available, or are they already taken by the hotel guests?

Thanks bunches :)

The answers are really going to depend on the guests at the resort at the time that you go. When we did the day pass, we didn't have any trouble getting a sailboat. We just had to wait a few minutes for one to be returned. Sailboats are first come, first served and if people are waiting, you're limited to 30 minutes. I don't remember seeing any windsurfing.

Keep in mind that if the weather is rough, water sports may not be operating. We stayed at Breezes for 3 days in January and the water sports were shut down until our last day.

I'm not sure of the hours of operation for the rock climbing wall. If I remember right, the trapeze lessons were at 2 PM. They will not let you use the trapeze if you have been drinking.

The towels are fine. You don't need to bring your own.

Breezes is only about 4 miles from port so it doesn't take very long to get there. Taxis will be quicker because the bus drivers will wait till their bus fills up before leaving. Getting back to port, the buses will go by the hotel every 5 minutes or so.

The answers are really going to depend on the guests at the resort at the time that you go. When we did the day pass, we didn't have any trouble getting a sailboat. We just had to wait a few minutes for one to be returned. Sailboats are first come, first served and if people are waiting, you're limited to 30 minutes. I don't remember seeing any windsurfing.

Keep in mind that if the weather is rough, water sports may not be operating. We stayed at Breezes for 3 days in January and the water sports were shut down until our last day.

I'm not sure of the hours of operation for the rock climbing wall. If I remember right, the trapeze lessons were at 2 PM. They will not let you use the trapeze if you have been drinking.

The towels are fine. You don't need to bring your own.

Breezes is only about 4 miles from port so it doesn't take very long to get there. Taxis will be quicker because the bus drivers will wait till their bus fills up before leaving. Getting back to port, the buses will go by the hotel every 5 minutes or so.

I'm not really interested in the windsurfing anyway, but saw it listed on their site. I am interested in the kayaks though, and my son is interested in the paddle boats. Do you remember seeing them? I'm sorry the trapeze doesn't open till 2 because I certainly agree with not trying them if I've been drinking, but I'm sure I will have had a few drinks by then. ;) Thanks so much for your input. Do you remember if umbrellas were available?

I went back and looked through my pictures. When we did the day pass in 2014, they did have paddleboats and kayaks. I don't have any pictures of them from January of this year because the weather wasn't cooperative for watersports. The one really nice day we had was the day we went to Blue Lagoon. :) I don't know why they wouldn't still have them though.

We didn't have any trouble getting an umbrella next to the pool. I'm sure it depends on how busy the resort is and how early you get there. The palapas on the beach get taken first.

Even if you don't try the trapeze, it's fun to watch other people do it.

Here are links to my reviews of our Breezes visits, if you'd like to see some pictures:

https://susancrow.blogspot.com/2014/07/majesty-of-seas-anniversary-cruise.html

https://susancrow.blogspot.com/2016/01/breezes-nassau.html

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I went to this resort for the day back in May. We took the number ten bus back and forth with no problems. $1.25 each way. As for Breeze Resort, I would never go again, nor would I ever stay there. There were NO umbrellas on the beach. There was also no bar service on the beach unless you wanted to rent a cabana for the day. We had to walk up to the pool bar for every drink that was put into a 8 oz glass. That is for both water and drinks. Food was ok, not the best all inclusive food resort. I think if you are a day guest you are big time overlooked. The resort is dated and in need of some major updating. Even though I would not return again, we still had a good time there. Just didn't think we got what we should have for $85 pp for the day.