EpiPen

odis

Unusual question - my DD has to have a EpiPen injection with her. For those who don't have allergies, this is a pre-made injection of epinephrine to be used in case she has an allergic reaction. Are these still allowed in carry-ons in planes. We most likely will not need it - but that's the point. It's for emergency and if we dont have it, it could be real bad.

Unusual question - my DD has to have a EpiPen injection with her. For those who don't have allergies, this is a pre-made injection of epinephrine to be used in case she has an allergic reaction. Are these still allowed in carry-ons in planes. We most likely will not need it - but that's the point. It's for emergency and if we dont have it, it could be real bad.

I am going out on a limb here,but...I would # 1 call the airline and ask first,and then I would make sure that the epipen is in a sealed box with her RX label and Dr's names on it.I don't see why it would not be allowed as it is an RX and they do allow those with the RX label etc.,but do call the airlines first.

I have flown since the new TSA rules. My meds have been inspected only once. The TSA agent on one flight compared the name on my boarding pass to the name on my meds. The others did not even open my carry on. In addition to the properly identifiable meds I have carried a letter from my doc for years. It is sealed and has never been opened in dozens of flights.

Archived