Pacific Eden short cruise

markandallan

Hi

has anyone sailed on Pacific Eden and found it ok. We were just looking at an interior cabin for three nights. Anyone got any pics on these cabins or any info, are they as run down as stated in some reviews. We are sailing as a family, two adults an our 6 year old daughter.

Is the ship ok for kids, eg kids club etc.

Are the balcony cabins worth the extra on that ship for such s short cruise.

Thanks

Mark

Hi

has anyone sailed on Pacific Eden and found it ok. We were just looking at an interior cabin for three nights. Anyone got any pics on these cabins or any info, are they as run down as stated in some reviews. We are sailing as a family, two adults an our 6 year old daughter.

Is the ship ok for kids, eg kids club etc.

Are the balcony cabins worth the extra on that ship for such s short cruise.

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark, I am yet to sail on Eden. Have cruises with P&O years ago and have just booked a 3 nighter on 4 March for my partners birthday.

There has been some teething issues on the ship however I figure for three nights, it should be fine! And of course it is what you make of it.

I normally go for balconies however didn't think the price was worth it for me for a three night cruise.

Go to http://www.halfacts.com

Click on S Class

Look for inside cabins on list.

There are plenty of cabin views on the site.

Both P. Eden & P. Aria had nothing done to cabins & they were in good condition when handed over to P&O Aust.

The problems onboard are caused by in experienced crew who are new to ship & also the work.

Go to http://www.halfacts.com

Click on S Class

Look for inside cabins on list.

There are plenty of cabin views on the site.

Both P. Eden & P. Aria had nothing done to cabins & they were in good condition when handed over to P&O Aust.

The problems onboard are caused by in experienced crew who are new to ship & also the work.

Thanks for the link. You mentioned no work was done to the cabins. Does this mean they are still EUR power points or have they been changed over to AUS?

I did not get to see the kids club but the kids onboard seemed happy. Only thing is there is not much for them on the ship other than the kids club and the main pool. but for a 6yr old I would expect they would be very happy in the kids club.

I did not get to see the kids club but the kids onboard seemed happy. Only thing is there is not much for them on the ship other than the kids club and the main pool. but for a 6yr old I would expect they would be very happy in the kids club.

Hi thanks

We are thinking the same, she just loves being with other kids doing crafty things and loves being in a pool. It is only 3 nights so I think she will be fine.

How did you find the room. We're the bathrooms clean? Was the food ok.

I was happy with the room and it's cleanliness, sheets were lovely and clean, pillows soft and fluffy. you don't spend a lot of time in there except to sleep.

Bathrooms are dated but they were clean. Its a bath / shower so that will be good for your little one.

Hi thanks for your reply our cabins are in same area so sounds fine ,

Looking foward to checking Eden out , sounds like it has improved , I will give my thoughts on it when we return ,

Cruise critic have just released a fairly comprehensive editors' review on the Aria, as the Eden is the same design it may be of help.:D

Cruise critic have just released a fairly comprehensive editors' review on the Aria, as the Eden is the same design it may be of help.:D

Thank you I did have a read of the review and it sounded quite good. What I've taken away from it is that the cruise really is what you make of it.

Will be sure to come back mid next month with a review.

Thank you I did have a read of the review and it sounded quite good. What I've taken away from it is that the cruise really is what you make of it.

Will be sure to come back mid next month with a review.

I think you are right, an open mind and a good attitude will make any cruise that much better. Don't sweat the small stuff, and also bring attention to any larger issue so they can sort it. If you do not tell anyone, it won't get fixed.

I just got back from valentines cruise on Eden; Sydney - Melb, 2 nights. We stayed in 4035, quad share oceanview OG category and the room was 2 bunks, single bed and a sofa. It was a lot roomier than the other P&O quad rooms (or so I was told by members of my party who have had experience with that), the bathroom is a bit small, barely room to move, I would hate to be a much larger/wider person...

Over all the ship is nice, nice decor, very lovely staff though they seem a lot more stricter with the restaurant dress codes than the Pearl did in November...we went to go to Angelo's on first night and was told "no thongs" then went to waterfront for lunch and was told "no singlets" Angelo's I could understand since it was dinner but the no singlets for lunch at waterfront was weird. We ended up having to make a few complaints how ever.. that mirror/magnifying glass thingy on the desk in the cabin gave my cousin an electric shock and literally blew up in his hand..sparks, smoke and all. We told our room steward and she got maintenance to come down and look and guess what? HE got an electric shock from it and it scared him, he literally jumped back 6 feet from it. He had it removed from the cabin and told us not to touch where it had been as even though the power was "off" to that area for some reason the wires were still live. He got the security guy to come and look at it and write up an incident report and the security guy said that there's NO WAY that should have been left like that (it had been repaired with black electrical tape before our cruise) and he apologised profusely to my cousin.

Upon returning to our cabin monday night we noticed the seal on the window had come off and there was water coming in from outside (bass straight, rough seas) - my cousin said normally they put their phones there but this time we all had our phones on the desk so luckily we didn't put it on the window otherwise they'd be ruined. We rang reception and told them about this, they sent up the hotel lady in charge and her words to us "oh its ok, don't worry about it, we'll put a towel against it tonight and then fix it tomorrow when we're in port" meanwhile water was coming into the cabin... we were more concerned with water hitting the telephone cords/wires than anything else at that point. When we woke up in the morning the towel was DRENCHED and water was about an inch - 1.5inches away from hitting the telephone wires/cord so we got another towel and cleaned it up a little bit. We were told P&O would be in touch with us about our complaints but shall see how we go with that.

Overall the ship is nice, the decor is nice, its a lot smaller than the other ships, the food was nice but the Pantry needs more variety like Plantation has but apart from the above we had no further complaints..coming into Melbourne through the bass straight we had horrid waves (3-4M) so it was really choppy and the ship was moving but you have to expect that in the Bass. I'd go on her again but in comparison to the only other p&o ship I've done, the Pearl was definitely a lot better to me although I do like the IDEA of the pantry more than the buffet -- having the staff serve you the food compared to people picking their own is definitely a good idea to me...the amount of germs on a cruise ship...

I just got back from valentines cruise on Eden; Sydney - Melb, 2 nights. We stayed in 4035, quad share oceanview OG category and the room was 2 bunks, single bed and a sofa. It was a lot roomier than the other P&O quad rooms (or so I was told by members of my party who have had experience with that), the bathroom is a bit small, barely room to move, I would hate to be a much larger/wider person...

Over all the ship is nice, nice decor, very lovely staff though they seem a lot more stricter with the restaurant dress codes than the Pearl did in November...we went to go to Angelo's on first night and was told "no thongs" then went to waterfront for lunch and was told "no singlets" Angelo's I could understand since it was dinner but the no singlets for lunch at waterfront was weird. We ended up having to make a few complaints how ever.. that mirror/magnifying glass thingy on the desk in the cabin gave my cousin an electric shock and literally blew up in his hand..sparks, smoke and all. We told our room steward and she got maintenance to come down and look and guess what? HE got an electric shock from it and it scared him, he literally jumped back 6 feet from it. He had it removed from the cabin and told us not to touch where it had been as even though the power was "off" to that area for some reason the wires were still live. He got the security guy to come and look at it and write up an incident report and the security guy said that there's NO WAY that should have been left like that (it had been repaired with black electrical tape before our cruise) and he apologised profusely to my cousin.

Upon returning to our cabin monday night we noticed the seal on the window had come off and there was water coming in from outside (bass straight, rough seas) - my cousin said normally they put their phones there but this time we all had our phones on the desk so luckily we didn't put it on the window otherwise they'd be ruined. We rang reception and told them about this, they sent up the hotel lady in charge and her words to us "oh its ok, don't worry about it, we'll put a towel against it tonight and then fix it tomorrow when we're in port" meanwhile water was coming into the cabin... we were more concerned with water hitting the telephone cords/wires than anything else at that point. When we woke up in the morning the towel was DRENCHED and water was about an inch - 1.5inches away from hitting the telephone wires/cord so we got another towel and cleaned it up a little bit. We were told P&O would be in touch with us about our complaints but shall see how we go with that.

Overall the ship is nice, the decor is nice, its a lot smaller than the other ships, the food was nice but the Pantry needs more variety like Plantation has but apart from the above we had no further complaints..coming into Melbourne through the bass straight we had horrid waves (3-4M) so it was really choppy and the ship was moving but you have to expect that in the Bass. I'd go on her again but in comparison to the only other p&o ship I've done, the Pearl was definitely a lot better to me although I do like the IDEA of the pantry more than the buffet -- having the staff serve you the food compared to people picking their own is definitely a good idea to me...the amount of germs on a cruise ship...

Thank you so much for your honest and comprehensive feedback.

Do you mind if I ask - I was hoping to also visit Angelos on the first night. Did you need to make a booking when you first got onboard?

Thank you so much for your honest and comprehensive feedback.

Do you mind if I ask - I was hoping to also visit Angelos on the first night. Did you need to make a booking when you first got onboard?

No problem, she is a nice ship and has potential to be great if they work out the issues. My cousin has sailed on a few p&o cruises and said he can see they've lowered their standards but since this was my 2nd cruise (well 3rd if you count the one on Carnival US in 2013) I'm not too fussy haha. Repeat customers might have found more issues.. I wasn't really 'looking' but noticed the ones that stuck out like a sore thumb.

No we didn't end up booking as one of our party members only had thongs with her and no other shoes so we ended up going to the waterfront instead. You do need to book in for it though and there's a desk between the two restaurants.

Yes you need to book Angelo's and Dragon Lady, they usually take the bookings in the bar just between the entrance to both restaurants on embarkation day.

No problem, she is a nice ship and has potential to be great if they work out the issues. My cousin has sailed on a few p&o cruises and said he can see they've lowered their standards but since this was my 2nd cruise (well 3rd if you count the one on Carnival US in 2013) I'm not too fussy haha. Repeat customers might have found more issues.. I wasn't really 'looking' but noticed the ones that stuck out like a sore thumb.

No we didn't end up booking as one of our party members only had thongs with her and no other shoes so we ended up going to the waterfront instead. You do need to book in for it though and there's a desk between the two restaurants.

Thank you both for your feedback and help, will be sure to book as soon as we get onboard for the specialty restaurants.

Yes you need to book Angelo's and Dragon Lady, they usually take the bookings in the bar just between the entrance to both restaurants on embarkation day.

That's good to know.

I've been reading some conflicting information on this - ie - you can only book on the day you want to eat there, and sold out by 8am?? v's bookings taken on embarkation day?? Could be they've been slowly fine tuning their policy perhaps...?

I've just booked a 3 night cruise out of Fremantle on the Eden.. My friend and i are going for a fun weekend away and plan to make the most of it..

Last cruise I did was on the Celebrity Equinox in the Med 5 years ago... so I don't expect to be as nice but fingers crossed it's okay!

I've just booked a 3 night cruise out of Fremantle on the Eden.. My friend and i are going for a fun weekend away and plan to make the most of it..

Last cruise I did was on the Celebrity Equinox in the Med 5 years ago... so I don't expect to be as nice but fingers crossed it's okay!

Hy we have just came back on cruise on the Eden , it was okay food in pantry wasnt the best but you can use other restruants with out charge , They were very good , also the Waterfront was good we had breakfast there , Our cabin was 6015 oceon view fine the cabins do need a upgrade , but they are clean ,We have been on Celebrity and you cant conpare with Eden ,

HAVE FUN , VAL:)

Hy we have just came back on cruise on the Eden , it was okay food in pantry wasnt the best but you can use other restruants with out charge , They were very good , also the Waterfront was good we had breakfast there , Our cabin was 6015 oceon view fine the cabins do need a upgrade , but they are clean ,We have been on Celebrity and you cant conpare with Eden ,

HAVE FUN , VAL:)

Thank you for your feedback. I really do like Celebrity however will need to make an effort not to compare too much when onboard and enjoy the cruise for what it is.

Glad the restaurants were okay and as long as the room is clean, I'm happy.

Thank you for your feedback!

Hi do these three night comedy cruise's still have white, black and Gatsby night. If so what nights are what.

Also how stricked are P & O with the boarding times given if you only have carry on luggage. Seems ridiculous to have to wait to 5.30 pm to board. Do the let you on earlier sometimes.

Has anyone just traveled on pacific Eden and know if dragon lady and Angelos are still free.

Thanks