Celebrity Solstice in Fiji - tender ports?

Hello All, we're booked on a Celebrity Solstice South Pacific and Fiji cruise and I'm curious as to what ports will be tender ports.

Noumea - I expect we'll dock at the container port

Lifou - tender

Mystery - tender

Suva Fiji- ????

Lautoka Fiji - ????

Can anyone tell me whether or not the Fiji ports are tender ports?

Thanks

Rob

Hello All, we're booked on a Celebrity Solstice South Pacific and Fiji cruise and I'm curious as to what ports will be tender ports.

Noumea - I expect we'll dock at the container port

Lifou - tender

Mystery - tender

Suva Fiji- ????

Lautoka Fiji - ????

Can anyone tell me whether or not the Fiji ports are tender ports?

Most of the time cruise ships will dock in Suva and the same for Lautoka.

I have not been to Lautoka yet, so I am not sure, but past passengers have said they dock there.

Assuming Celebrity is similar to Princess as to its docking requirements then neither Suva or Lautoka are tender ports. I've been to Suva and Solstice should be OK there. I haven't been to Lautoka but the Princess website shows a Sun Princess cruise that is going there and it is not listed as a tender port.

Don't know why Celebrity can't note whether a port is a tender port on their itineraries. They are hopeless in that respect. :mad:

Solstice docked at both Suva & Lautoka last year when we cruised on her.:)

I second this! :)

We cruised on Solstice last March on a 12 night cruise which visited these two Fiji ports. I would strongly recommend spending the money on shore excursion through Celebrity for these two ports.

We did excursions in both and when we compared to stories of other travelers who had organised things independently, we were glad we had spent the extra and had two amazing days out.

I'll post a summary of the ports I put together which includes our experience in Fiji. Is this is your first time in Solstice, I also have links to my reviews in my signature if you're interested. Beautiful ship :)

Hey Luckie,

Where you on the same cruise as us - departed 22 March?

Agree Solstice is lovely - we were very impressed with her, the décor was lovely & we found the speciality restaurants particularly good.

We did the South Sea islands day cruise I think it was called in Lautoka - it was a nice day out. 2 islands visited, one for snorkelling etc & the other for lunch.

In Suva we arranged private Scuba Diving which was fantastic & very affordable - we have dived loads of places & this was one of my favourites - you wouldn't believe what is literally a few hundred metres from the ship in the middle of Suva harbour - fantastic sea life, turtles, exquisite corals, drop offs, giant fans - anyone heading to Suva who wants to dive I suggest contacting Greg from Suva Dive Club.

We are heading back there in a few weeks on a similar cruise on VOS & intend to dive again - but not sure what to do from Lautoka this time - considering the zip line, although quite expensive.

What tour did you do out of Lautoka?

I second this! :)

We cruised on Solstice last March on a 12 night cruise which visited these two Fiji ports. I would strongly recommend spending the money on shore excursion through Celebrity for these two ports.

We did excursions in both and when we compared to stories of other travelers who had organised things independently, we were glad we had spent the extra and had two amazing days out.

I'll post a summary of the ports I put together which includes our experience in Fiji. Is this is your first time in Solstice, I also have links to my reviews in my signature if you're interested. Beautiful ship :)

Thanks LuckiePuris for that info. We'll certainly look into the Celebrity excursions. We've been on Solstice before (17 day top end last Feb) and loved the ship.

Hey Luckie,

Where you on the same cruise as us - departed 22 March?

Agree Solstice is lovely - we were very impressed with her, the décor was lovely & we found the speciality restaurants particularly good.

We did the South Sea islands day cruise I think it was called in Lautoka - it was a nice day out. 2 islands visited, one for snorkelling etc & the other for lunch.

In Suva we arranged private Scuba Diving which was fantastic & very affordable - we have dived loads of places & this was one of my favourites - you wouldn't believe what is literally a few hundred metres from the ship in the middle of Suva harbour - fantastic sea life, turtles, exquisite corals, drop offs, giant fans - anyone heading to Suva who wants to dive I suggest contacting Greg from Suva Dive Club.

We are heading back there in a few weeks on a similar cruise on VOS & intend to dive again - but not sure what to do from Lautoka this time - considering the zip line, although quite expensive.

What tour did you do out of Lautoka?

Yes we must have been on the same cruise!!

Sounds like you had a fantastic time at both your ports last year.

In Lautoka we visited Ooh La La Savala, and it was absolutely stunning. A picture perfect island for the day. I loved that it was a tiny island.

There's some more info on this tour in my review and port summary links in my signature.

VOS is also a fantastic ship! I went onboard for a ship inspection, and also sister ship EOS more recently for lunch. They sure are big!