Which Hilton or Hyatt in London?

I'd say, it depends on what's available! I booked the Doubletree Westminster for my stay in late June. I recommend you use their search engine to understand your options first then re-ask with those that still have reward night availability.

I'd say, it depends on what's available! I booked the Doubletree Westminster for my stay in late June. I recommend you use their search engine to understand your options first then re-ask with those that still have reward night availability.

Did you like the Doubletree Westminster? We were looking at the Doubletree Tower of London.

I'll let you know in July 2017 as it hasn't happened yet. I booked it for its proximity to Buckingham Palace, the Mews, Parliament, & the London Eye as we will only have one day to see London before our cruise.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

My adult son and I stayed at the Doubletree at Hyde Park for 8 nights in late 2015 and loved it. We paid for it though. Didn't have enough points. We were upgraded to the Concierge Level (floor 3) and that made a lot of difference. Beautiful toiletries, towels, comfy beds, spacious marble bathroom with a huge walk-in shower, fantastic location by Queensway Tube Station, Nottinghill and Bayswater a little further. It was very convenient for getting to other parts of London with minimal tube changes compared to other locations.

We will be staying in London 3 nights before a cruise and will be using either Hyatt or Hilton points for our hotel. I would appreciate any suggestions as to which to choose. Thanks!

We stayed at the Doubletreeby Hilton Hotel London - Westminster in August 2012. It is tucked into a quietstreet (John Islip) and it is lovely to walk to in the quiet of the evening ...if that is your thing. It is very close (walking distance) to WestminsterAbbey, Parliament buildings, and the Thames (embankment walks). If memoryserves me, Pimlico and Westminster tube stations are also with walking distance. We used the Tube to visit British Museum, it rescued us from St. Pancrastrain station (we forgot about the time change when we scheduled a car pick upon our return from Paris – eek), we returned to the hotel from Tower of London,enjoyed visiting Victoria Station, Buckingham Palace, ImperialWar Museum and a Sunday afternoon in Hyde Park -- all very easy. The hotel'srestaurant was excellent for all meals.

We stayed at the Hilton London Hyde Park in 2016 (near theembassies, the Russian being closest) which gave us great access to KensingtonGardens, Hyde Park, Kensington High Street shopping. We had a lovely walk through the Gardens andto the High Street to shop in the light rain in June. Access to tube stations (Bayswater &Queensway) seemed a little closer but the street was busier and morecrowded. Getting to the Natural History Museum,V&A, Westminster Abbey, Imperial War Museum, Churchill War Rooms, and Towerof London was a breeze. Again, each totheir own. I did feel a little moreJames Bond/MI5 vibe with all the embassies (lol). We did not enjoy the hotel restaurant breakfast buffet but were overjoyed to experience Eton Mess for the first time. Dinner was very adequate.

Ido not believe you will go wrong at either location as both were clean and efficiently run by helpful staff. For some reason, I felt safer on the streets near Westminster on the whole. However, we are returning next year and planto stay at Westminster.

If not part of your plan already, please do yourself a favor -- get an Oystercard and make use of the Tube. https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/tube/ Easy peasy, puddin’ & pie. :D

We used points for both stays (4 nights in 2012 and 4 nights in 2016) and felt we received more "perks" at Westminster. The room was nicer (opened to a small, semi-private, balcony/patio area) at Hyde Park, though.

enough of my babble...:o

Enjoy!