Viking River Cruise Excursion Advice Please?...

Hello, cruisers: my hubby and I are taking our first river cruise on Viking in June 2017, from Amsterdam to Budapest, and would appreciate any advice on shore excursions. Which of the optional ones are especially worthwhile or worth avoiding? Any recommendations for things to do or not to miss on the shore stops? Any advice appreciated. Thanks much. - World Traveler 859

Hello, cruisers: my hubby and I are taking our first river cruise on Viking in June 2017, from Amsterdam to Budapest, and would appreciate any advice on shore excursions. Which of the optional ones are especially worthwhile or worth avoiding? Any recommendations for things to do or not to miss on the shore stops? Any advice appreciated. Thanks much. - World Traveler 859

I'd suggest you head over to the River Cruising forum and ask your questions.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=191

Great advice - Thank you

I should have also mentioned you have to climb 80+ steps up to get to the Marksberg castle. We did this on Uniworld Castles of the Rhine - of the tours we took, this is the one I would have been glad to have skipped as the castle I thought was just so-so. There is a lot of armor up there, if you are interested in that. There are some original castle furnishings. But overall, I just thought, well it was like pretty much any other castle I've been to with less interesting stuff.