CMV - all inclusive drinks package

ozzysdad

Does anybody have any experience of the package they offer?

How does it compare when paying as you go?

Are spirits available on the all inclusive package?

Are their other offers on board for soft drinks and wine by the bottle?

Any other info will be appreciated before I decide whether to reunite myself with the old Ocean Village.

• 1 month later...

Wine is about £5 a glass and there are wine deals 5 bottles wine and 6 bottles water (or 6 wine) for £78.

There are cocktail packages and beer packages and they are more than willing to sell you any of the packagers onboard. Infact if you don't have a package (we had the wine) then you are pestered by waiters to get one if y ou buy a single beer or cocktail.

But you can wait and see. Our experience was that we were happy not to have the package because we would not drink that much to get the money back.

Does anybody have any experience of the package they offer?

How does it compare when paying as you go?

Are spirits available on the all inclusive package?

Are their other offers on board for soft drinks and wine by the bottle?

Any other info will be appreciated before I decide whether to reunite myself with the old Ocean Village.

We will be sailing on the CMV Magellan next July. We are not heavy drinkers due to my husbands medication issues but do enjoy a glass of wine with meals and have a lot of soft drinks so, at 17 Pounds per person per day, we think the AI package will work out best for us. I contacted CMV to see whether Spirits were included as I also enjoy a Brandy with my coffee and was told that they are; someone recently posted on the CruiseCritic ´Other Cruise Lines´forum saying that the AI spirit options include brands such as Bells Whisky.

Have just found the post I referred to:-

<<We are just back from 12 nights on Magellan. That a.i. package does include branded whisky and brandy, we had Bells whisky as a choice. Many cocktails are included and we found that the package was well worth it.>>

Edited by campolady

.................at 17 Pounds per person per day, we think the AI package will work out best for us.

Assuming that Campolady's figure is correct (and I've no reason to doubt it), that's much much better value than the all-you-can-drink packages offered by other cruise lines. :)

For instance Thomson's full-price package costs around £250 pppw (that's twice as much as CMV) even though the bar prices are similar (about the same as provincial pubs) and their package too excludes branded spirits & has other limitations.

JB :)

Assuming that Campolady's figure is correct (and I've no reason to doubt it), that's much much better value than the all-you-can-drink packages offered by other cruise lines. :)

For instance Thomson's full-price package costs around £250 pppw (that's twice as much as CMV) even though the bar prices are similar (about the same as provincial pubs) and their package too excludes branded spirits & has other limitations.

JB :)

The figure of £17 per person per day is what I was quoted by CMV when we booked six weeks ago and there web page confirms this https://www.cruiseandmaritime.com/all-inclusive-drinks-package

Edited by campolady