Best Excusion for Wide Age Range???

lucyddr

Our family and several friends are cruising the Carnival Dream and our first port of call is Montego Bay. My parents are in their mid-60's and children will range between the ages of 3-8. We will have 5 children in the 3-4 age range.

What is an excursion that we could all do? It looks like the main ones don't allow children under 6 and after 2 sea days, I think we are all going to want to get off of the ship!

Have you thought about spending the day at an All Inclusive Resort? Resortforaday.com offers 3 choices in Montego Bay All Inclusive and include roundtrip transfers. You can also check with them for possible group discounts if there are 8 or more in your party. I used them last year for The Grand Palladium and it was perfect! So perfect that we have booked a week long stay there for this summer. There are 2 sides to the resort The Grand Palladium, and The Lady Hamilton. Nice adults only pool, stand up paddle board, new splash park for kids, and the dining was amazing.

1964209068_plentyofpoollounge.jpg.112ad97abfba32ae2bdcb02ceabe8da5.jpg

719157380_StandupPaddleboard.jpg.2ed523f4974c399da2527d128b88da53.jpg

activities.jpg.7f693057516a679b22a86816d57b04ae.jpg

1296852541_Adultsonlypool.jpg.d5d7ee49f5fdffbab30606381f43e464.jpg

634390007_NewWaterpark2.jpg.07e2dc0152b4fe705e7be4126d2da558.jpg

What do you like to do? Are you adventurous? Do you want a water adventure? Beach? Culture?

If you want to spend time at a beach, Doctor's Cave is very popular and very nice in Montego Bay. If you want a pool, bars, food and relaxation, go to an all-inclusive. If you want some adventure, look into Mayfield Falls or Zip Lining. You could do a trip to Mystic Mountian for Bob Sledding and zip lines, but it's a pretty good long distance from MoBay.

One of our favorite things to do in a port where we just don't have a clue is to to a Catamaran sail tour from the ship. We have always had really great days just lazing in the sun to the reggae music and a little dancing and snorkeling. Kids tend to love this as well.

Thanks for the replies. Mystic Mountain looks amazing, but our children are too little to enjoy the activities. Even the chair lift requires them to be 46", which most of them are not even close to.

I'll look into the All Inclusives. I think that either them or Doctors Cave are our best bets.

Edited by lucyddr

• 1 month later...

We are choosing the Grand Palladium! The little ones are going to love the splash park with slides and us adults will enjoy the scenery and drinks!

Two of our husbands are doing the Mystic Mountain adventure items as well, while the ladies and kids relax!

Thanks everyone!

Edited by lucyddr