Chachoben Ruins Question

Aeryn

I am considering Royal's Excursion to the Chachoben Ruins in Costa Maya. I am not disabled, but am having considerable pain walking more than ten minutes at a time or for very long distances without a short rest. I would appreciate advice from anyone who has experienced this tour. I think I could manage it--am I right? Thanks so much.

There is a lot of walking involved with not many places to sit. We have seen people with limited mobility on tours and they had walking aids that had a seat on them. The tour guides are great in controlling the pace because there are people of all different ages. It would hurt to carry a collapsible seat with you.

It's all flat and comfortable and not far to walk, but a collapsible seat is a very good idea because the guides talk for a long time. Only one fairly low pyramid can be climbed. I wouldn't even call it climbing.

If you are going to Belize, you could do the Lamanai Ruins excursion. It's further away and a long bus ride + a river boat, but the walking wasn't that much more and it was all in the shade. No benches either. Rough paths! You need to be able to negotiate some steps and get in and out of the boat with a helping hand. The ruins are much more impressive.

We did a private tour to Chacchoben last week and I saw several people from the large buses who had taken collapsible seats. The main thing we needed (which our operator supplied) were large umbrellas.

Oh, and don't be like us and forget Bug Spray!

Sent from my iPad using Forums