Go Pro Camera

Epinz300

Is there anyone on here that uses a GoPro camera to document their cruise? Looking to buy one for my cruise in December as a present for my girlfriend as she is dying to have one. Any advice will be helpful

Edited by Epinz300

I have one, but haven't used it yet to document my cruise. It's not until next year. However, I have used it to document my other vacations and I love mine

I have the GoPro 4 silver. It's easy to use and my battery seems to last forever. There are ton of accessories and some are reasonably priced.

Edited by Jesziegler

Is there anyone on here that uses a GoPro camera to document their cruise? Looking to buy one for my cruise in December as a present for my girlfriend as she is dying to have one. Any advice will be helpful

I have the GoPro 4 (previously had the original GoPro and the GoPro 3) and used it on my last cruise (you can check out my review for some examples of my photos from them - mostly underwater but a few above water too). I know that there are a few on this board that have created videos using GoPros. I primarily use mine for snorkeling and diving purposes but have recently started branching out for regular video use. Just watch out for the accessories - you can spend a fortune on them in a heartbeat!

I love mine. It's a significant investment to get what you need as items such as a handle, extra batteries, floatie, etc are not included.

If you are a new purchaser know they don't have a zoom lens. You pick the focal length in settings and are stuck with it for the duration of the video you are shooting.

Even with that it's very cool for snorkeling, as we set it on a photo every 3 seconds and fire away. You can adjust the settings with the waterproof case on, just practice a little before you go.

The indoor photos suffer, as the camera doesn't have a flash. That's where your land based point-and-shoot camera come in handy.

Edited by BallFour4

I am really looking for something to put a montage together of pics and videos for myself. May put on youtube but mostly for me and my girlfriend for future trips. I dont need all the things on it but enough to make a good video and take good pics