Chichen Itza

crizzlyhug

Anyone have been to Chichen Itza on a one-day stop at Cozumel. I saw some air excursions to Chichen Itza which might be worth the money. Also heard that some cruiselines even do excursions by bus to Chichen Itza. We will be in port from 10:00h to 18:00h Anyone got some recommendation to do or not to do this trip?

I emailed a tour company and asked them about this, they told me that it would be too long, beyond the 8 hours while the ship is docked in Cozumel.

We ended up booking a cruise that will dock in Progreso, to be able to do this excursion.

Edited by GalCruzer

It's a great place to go, but I wouldn't do it as a port stop. It takes a full day to enjoy, and it's location from cozumel is too far to get there and back while the ship is in port. I went about 10 years ago, and would love to go back, but it'll be on a non cruising vacay to mexico.

Unless the cruise line is offering a Chichen Itza excursion, it would not be a wise thing to consider.

I agree 100%. And I book 95% of my own excursions NOT through the ship. When it is in Mexico and when it comes anywhere near the entire day, it is a big gamble.

Chichen Itza is fantastic! We went there on a ship sponsored excursion and really enjoyed it. Make sure you take some bottled water and wear a hat as it can be very hot.

If you're interested in seeing pictures, here is a link to the slide show my wife made with some of her pictures for her website.

Chichen Itza Shore Excursion

Chichen Itza is fantastic! We went there on a ship sponsored excursion and really enjoyed it. Make sure you take some bottled water and wear a hat as it can be very hot.

If you're interested in seeing pictures, here is a link to the slide show my wife made with some of her pictures for her website.

Chichen Itza Shore Excursion

Nice pics! Any idea of how warm (if at all) it will be in February?

:)

Likely to be in the 90s(F) at that time. Humidity is very high.

There is some shade around the edges, but the big pyramid is in a large central open clearing.

:eek:

Thank you for that.

Edited by GalCruzer

Nice pics! Any idea of how warm (if at all) it will be in February?

:)

Glad you enjoyed the slide show. It will probably be very warm. Wear a hat, light clothing, comfortable shoes, and take a bottle or two of water with you. Have fun and take lots of pictures.

Glad you enjoyed the slide show. It will probably be very warm. Wear a hat, light clothing, comfortable shoes, and take a bottle or two of water with you. Have fun and take lots of pictures.

Definitely will! As far as the light clothing, I already pulled out some summer stuff this a.m. :cool: