Taking packaged snacks on board.

Floridanamaw

Absolutely nothing about packaged vs. unpackaged.

Ehh.. your previous post;

Wow, I can't believe how rude people can be! How is taking a ham and cheese sandwich from the buffet (real food that you have already paid for) tacky and yet carrying manufactured crap from the US to another country instead of trying the local food when you're ashore isn't?

Same goes for the supposed environmental argument. Yes, fruits and vegetables can carry plant pests or diseases. A ham and cheese sandwich? Not so much.

Well..

FreestyleNovice, I stand corrected regarding the ham and cheese. Many jurisdictions do prohibit the importation of meats and dairy products for personal consumption.

Of course, this does just prove my point that we are not dealing with a global maritime mandate prohibiting the transport of any and all food on and off ships in any and all ports unless they are in a sealed package.

FreestyleNovice, I stand corrected regarding the ham and cheese. Many jurisdictions do prohibit the importation of meats and dairy products for personal consumption.

Of course, this does just prove my point that we are not dealing with a global maritime mandate prohibiting the transport of any and all food on and off ships in any and all ports unless they are in a sealed package.

True true :) But if you've ever watched an episode of Border Security tv show (especially the Australia one) you'll know how strict the rules are.

Even when entering the US I am focused on what's in my luggage hehe, to avoid any hassle at the airport. ;)

I understand the OP's desire to bring some pre packaged snacks. Being a diabetic myself I always travel with a few just in case I CAN'T get a nice meal in a local establishment. Of course I would prefer to sit down in a little pub or restaurant for a light meal and a drink, but sometimes it isn't possible. So it's very nice to know that you have something with you just in case. A company called Go Picnic sells prepackaged mini box lunches on Amazon. They typically run about $24.00 for 6. Each little box comes with something like a pack of pepperoni slices, a cheese spread, crackers, etc.. Since each item in the box is individually wrapped, I usually open the box up and put the packs in a zip lock bag so it packs easier. Just having one with me is very comforting, even if I don't have to eat it that day! :)